Become a Detention Deputy!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2006
      Detention Deputy:  We are currently establishing an eligibility list for the position of Deputy (Detention Officer).  High caliber applicants interested in becoming a Deputy with the Sheriff’s Office, Jail & Court Services Bureau, must have high integrity, strong communication skills, and sound judgment under pressure.  Incumbents will perform general duty jail work in the caring for and maintaining custody of inmates and in providing security for the Ada County Jail (a 1,144 bed facility).

      Applicants must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma/ equivalent.  This position works 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours per shift, either day or night shifts.   Shifts are 7:00am7:00pm or 7:00pm7:00am.  The salary range is $14.05 to $14.60 per hour, depending on education level and POST certification, with annual step increases (up to $24.24/hr after 4 years).  This position closes July 10 at 5:00pm.

      Applicants will be notified via email if selected to test.  Physical agility tests will be administered the day of the written exam.  If applicants pass the physical agility test, there will be a fee of $15 to take the written exam.

      Applications, job descriptions, and benefit information can be seen at www.adasheriff.org/jobs