Patrol, Detention, and Administrative Investigator now open!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006

      Detention Deputy:  We are currently establishing an eligibility list for the position of Deputy I (Detention Officer).  High caliber applicants interested in becoming a Deputy with the Sheriff’s Office, Jail & Court Services Bureau, must have high integrity, strong communication skills, and sound judgment under pressure.  Incumbents will perform general duty jail work in the caring for and maintaining custody of inmates and in providing security for the Ada County Jail.

      Applicants must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma/ equivalent.  This position works 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours per shift, either day or night shifts.   Shifts are 7:00am7:00pm or 7:00pm7:00am.  The salary range is $14.05 to $14.60 per hour, depending on experience, with annual step increases (up to $24.24/hr after 4 years).  This position closes March 29 at 5:00pm.

      Patrol Deputy:  We are currently establishing an eligibility list for the position of Patrol Deputy in the Police Services Bureau.  General duties include: to patrol designated areas; determine if crime has been committed; enforce laws; write citations; investigate traffic accidents; make arrests; and transport arrestees.

      Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have 64 semester credits or an Associates degree from an accredited college or university, OR 2 years prior fulltime experience in law enforcement with a recognized public safety agency as a commissioned or licensed law enforcement officer, OR have served 4 years consecutive, fulltime military service.  Additionally, applicants must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license (by the date of hire) and be a US citizen.

      Successful candidates must have skill & ability to peacefully resolve conflicts; memorize large amounts of information relating to policies; carry a firearm; understand & interpret Idaho criminal laws; and knowledge of first-aid and CPR techniques would be helpful. The salary range for this position is $15.00- $15.58/ hour, depending on experience, with annual step increases (up to $25.87/hr after 4 years).  This position closes March 29 at 5:00pm.

      Please note that if selected to test for either deputy position, there will be a testing fee of $15.

      Administrative Investigator:  This fulltime position obtains information, gathers evidence, interviews citizens and employees, and verifies facts on complaints filed against employees by citizens or other employees.

      Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have a bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Law, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Criminal Justice or a closely related field, and have at least 3 years of investigative work.  The salary range is $40,000 - $46,500/ depending on experience.  This position closes March 17 at 5:00pm.

      For full job descriptions, applications, and information on Ada County benefits, please visit www.adasheriff.org/jobs.  Thank you for your continued interest in the Ada County Sheriff's Office!

      208.577.3557