Latent Fingerprint Examiner Needed in our Crime Lab!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006

      Latent Fingerprint Examiner:  This full time position organizes, directs, and plans the operations of the Ada County Sheriff’s Office Crime Laboratory.  Some of the tasks performed are to photograph crime scenes, evidence, and victims; collect blood & other specimens; lift & compare latent fingerprints using multiple methods & determine classification; and prepare reports & quality control procedures.  They must also be able to testify in court as an expert witness.

      Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field and have at least two years experience using fingerprint systems, such as the Henry System and AFIS, and the methods of comparing latent versus know prints.  The salary range for this position is $25-$27/hour, depending on experience.  Closes February 24, 2006.

      Other career opportunities include:

      Licensed Practical Nurse (open until filled)

      Crime Research Technician (closes February 8)

      For more information, complete job descriptions, and the summary of Ada County benefits, please visit our website at www.adasheriff.org/jobs.  Thank you for your continued interest in the Ada County Sheriff's Office!

      208.577.3557