Hello to everyone out there!! (new member)

  • David Buchan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
      As the subject says:

      Have just joined your group, am based in the UK (Scotland) and am mainly involved in architectural & building acoustics (with a bit of vibration thrown in ! !)

      Hello !

      Regards
      David

    • bonnie.goodwin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
        Hello David,

        I've been a member here for quite a while, but haven't posted yet either,
        so while welcoming you to the group, I'll introduce myself as well,

        I'm an audio engineer, frequently asked to engineer a sound system for a
        room with terrible acoustics or cathedral style reverb times. Since usually
        we have no possibility of fixing the acoustical problems with the building,
        our job is to make a sound system work in such an environment. The best
        method here is to assure that only the audience areas get hit with the
        sound, and keep the rest of the room from being excited as best as possible
        by careful control of dispersion patterns and locations.

        My secondary specialty is control room designs for recording studios, and
        I've been spending considerable time in design of rooms specifically suited
        to mixing and post production in 5.1, IMAX and future formats. Prototypes of
        my designs are getting ready to be built for testing and duplication, if
        successful.

        I've been a proponent of digital audio since the 70's, and worked in
        surround formats since the 60's foe quad and theatrical sound design,

        Bonnie *:>

        _____