Techincal help.. can any body do the favours

  • vaibhav_garg82
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2002
      hi..

      We are group of enthusiasts stuying in 2nd year of college in India.
      We are trying to bulid speakers for our campus so that we can music
      during lunch and dinner. We plan to use a computer and mp3 format and
      good sound card. The problem I am facing is that given an
      architecture of a building with exact dimensions and an approximation
      of an open area surrounded by other building how do you start
      building a speaker set for the best sound.
      vaibhav
    • bob98009
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
        --- In acousticsclub@y..., "vaibhav_garg82" <vaibhav_garg82@y...>
        wrote:
        > hi..
        >
        > We are group of enthusiasts stuying in 2nd year of college in
        India.
        > We are trying to bulid speakers for our campus so that we can music
        > during lunch and dinner. We plan to use a computer and mp3 format
        and
        > good sound card. The problem I am facing is that given an
        > architecture of a building with exact dimensions and an
        approximation
        > of an open area surrounded by other building how do you start
        > building a speaker set for the best sound.
        > vaibhav///// there is information required that is not given in
        your message. what is the area in squre feet that you wish to cover?
        what SPL do you wish at the furthest point. What kind of budget do
        you have to work with? what is the power in your local?, 240V,50Hz
        single phase? What is your local availability of commercial grade
        power amplifiers?