a little off subject, BUT...

  • cctrol
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 23, 2001
      I am currently building an automotive SPL system,
      and I am looking for some advice. I will be using
      ported enclosures which are severely misaligned, in
      order to push the gain as much as seems practical. <br>
      My question is: At or near the tuning frequency of
      the enclosure, cone motion is at a minimum and it
      would seem that most of the acoustical energy from the
      enclosure is radiated from the port. With this in mind,
      when i time align the subwoofers outputs to put all
      enclosure outputs in phase at the microphone, should i time
      align the drivers or ports?
    • rupsyco
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 11, 2002
        Sorry, Jacobo... Few chapters of a book that I have talk about
        underwater acoustics, but I guess that you can find similar info on
        your own.