Re: [acom-list] Gossip & Slander: Paul Glassman W8JN

  • Peter Bucy
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 8, 2011
      We'll see how that works out for you.

      Pete

      KD4CQZ

      On 8/8/2011 2:53 PM, D G wrote:
      > I won't waste my time, my business, is my business and that means, none of yours.
      >

      > To: acom-list@yahoogroups.com
      > From: petebucy@...
      > Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 14:15:02 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [acom-list] Gossip& Slander: Paul Glassman W8JN
      >

      > Dennis, I don't know you from mud. Either your are engaging in the scams
      > described, or you are the victim of a conspiracy that spans a lot of
      > people who don't appear to even each other. I have seen internet scam
      > artists defend their 'honor' with great vigor. Because of the faceless
      > interface of the internet, they take advantage of people and can claim
      > to be victims of their greedy and heartless customers.
      >
      > Maybe you would care to explain to all of us how you have had such very
      > bad reviews on the internet? Really, why would all of these folks feel
      > the need to attack you? It has been alleged that you lie a lot. It has
      > been alleged in this form that you misrepresented yourself as wanting to
      > buy a piece of equipment for a church, when that was not true. That is
      > called fraud in the inducement.
      >
      > Internet scam artists usually have a lot of tax issues too. They don't
      > pay local and state sales taxes, use taxes, or federal income taxes as a
      > general rule. It's not uncommon for an audit to find serious faults.
      > Jail time is often a consequence along with strict financial penalties.
      >
      > You don't worry about that sort of thing, do you? After all, you are
      > just an honest internet merchant who is being persecuted by a pack of
      > rabid ham radio fanatics - right?
      >
      > Someone said that you don't accept Paypal or credit cards; is that
      > right? Those two things are very common indicators of internet scams.
      > People who don't take Paypal or credit card don't do so because both
      > provide their customers with a viable avenue of redress, or their past
      > activities have disqualified them from using these payment methods.
      >
      > I have to admit, Dennis, that it is not looking good for you. There are
      > an awful lot of indicators that would steer a prudent internet customer
      > from dealing with you. I know that I would not buy from you or sell to you.
      >
      > Pete
      >
      > KD4CQZ
      >
      > On 8/8/2011 1:25 PM, D G wrote:
      >> Brucie, they are inaccurate, incomplete, one-sided and slanderous personal attacks that are without basis and have nothing to do with ACOM amplifiers.
      >>

      >> To: acom-list@yahoogroups.com
      >> From: bmarton@...
      >> Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:44:32 -0400
      >> Subject: RE: [acom-list] Gossip& Slander: Paul Glassman W8JN
      >>

      >> I appreciate the information supplied by Paul as it is what we call a
      >> reference. I aids in making decisions after looking into all the available
      >> information before we spend our money. I see no harm in this at all.
      >>
      >> If these threads are from various forums on the net, then they are in the
      >> public domain and open to anyone to read.
      >>
      >> Bruce K1XR

    • Hans Remeeus
      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 8, 2011
        Is it possible to move on to Acom linears and forget the other subject?

        73,
        Hans Remeeus (PA1HR)
        http://www.remeeus.eu
        http://www.hansremeeus.nl
        Communication is about people, the rest is technology.

      • N1EU
        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 10, 2011
          --- In acom-list@yahoogroups.com, Hans Remeeus <hans@...> wrote:

          > Is it possible to move on to Acom linears and forget the other subject?

          There are simple actions that the group administrator (who?) could be taking to keep this traffic off the group.

          Barry N1EU