Acom 1000 failure

  • pe1czg
    Message 1 of 40 , Apr 12, 2009
      Hi all,

      This morning I had a strange failuer with my acom 1000: after the 2.5 min heating period I got A SB0 something error on the display and the unit was shutting itself down. I only could see the SB0 and it was too fast to see the rest. The auto signature was: 1ASB2B. Anyone know what this means and also where could I find the excel application from Acom to "decode" the signatures? I can email ACOM but maybe someone has it alreday and could forward it to me.

      Thanks, 73's Ger PE1CZG
    • g4wjs
      Message 40 of 40 , Apr 11, 2016
        Hi Larry,

        good point. The last two pictures in this document nicely show the location of the two chokes:

        https://xa.yimg.com/df/acom-list/ACOM1000-Cover-Removal2.doc?token=GQwQiZkFQBFmmNIakEqGjYFWSBZkEQOscdcKQL4MtuqHgJFUHLRjJyZ29j3LrH0giIaox3Hmnw0VAqfiJCHVRqIskmnm3Fuv5-GAOnQ2IKAwRbhf6Lrchhfh&type=download

        An open RFC4 would be particularly worrying since is acts a plate supply crowbar, to keep the HV away from the aerial socket, should the C3b doorknob blocking capacitor fail short.

        HEED ALL THE WARNINGS IN THE ABOVE DOCUMENT IF YOU INTEND TO REMOVE THE COVERS!! LETHAL VOLTAGES ARE PRESENT AND MAY STILL BE PRESENT AFTER DISCONNECTING FROM THE MAINS.

        73
        Bill
        G4WJS.