Civil Liberties Week update! 10 Rules HAPPENING TONIGHT! Thur event postponed.

  • mikeliszewski
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      Quick update on Civil Liberties week at UDC Law.

      * First, thanks to everyone who has come out so far, the first two events we're huge successes.

      * Tonight, Wed. March 31, at 7pm we are hosting a free screening of Flex Your Rights new release "10 Rules for Dealing with Police" narratated by legal legend Billy Murphy (of HBO's The Wire). After the movie, filmmakers Steve Silverman and Scott Morgan, along with ACLU attorney Carl Takie, will be on hand to answer your questions. Free pizza, too! 7pm in Room 201, Building 39, 4200 Connecticut Ave NW.

      * Thursday's event on Crack/Powder cocaine sentencing disparity has been POSTPONESD, likely til next semester. We're going to make it an even better than previously planned, stay tuned!

      Thanks!
      Mike Liszewski