Volunteers Sought for ACLU Dinner (fun event to work at)

  • mikeliszewski
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2010
      Beverly from the ACLU-NCA is still seeking volunteers for their annual awards dinner. If you're a civil liberties nerd like myself, this is a great event to work, and you're get a nice meal out of it. Details below...

      Hi all -- we are still seeking volunteers (about 8, first come first served) to assist at our Bill of Rights Awards event -- which will take place on Thursday, March 18th, from 6p - 10p at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, 2500 Calvert Street, NW, (up Ct. Ave., Woodley Park/Zoo exit on Red line). We will need volunteer coverage between 3pm and 10pm on the day of the event. We will also have 2 alternate orientation dates as in previous years at our offices, 1400 20th Street, NW, Suite 119. ALL volunteers must attend one or the other:

      Friday, March 5th from 6pm - 7:30pm (refreshments provided)
      Saturday, March 13th from 10:30 - 12:00noon (refreshments provided)

      As always, you will be able to enjoy the dinner and program, and, for free! This year we honor Dean Claudio Grossman of American Unversity's Washington College of Law and Politics & Prose bookstore. Special guest speaker, Greg Craig, former White House Counsel under Barak Obama.

      If you are interested, please let me know the following:

      1)how long you are available on the day of the dinner
      2) which orientation you plan to attend, and
      3) current contact info, including phone and home address

      Hope you can join us for this exciting evening -thanks, beverly

      beverly miller
      ACLU-Nation's Capital
      1400 20th Street, NW
      Washington, DC 20036