CANCELED! Future Leader's Meeting tonight

  • mikeliszewski
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2010
      From Beverly at the ACLU of the Nation's Capital...

      Hi all -- due to issues arising out of the 2 blizzards we've just come through, tonite's Future Leaders meeting has been postponed to next Friday, February 26th, from 6pm - 8pm. Please let me know if you can attend that meeting.

      Other news:

      1. Lobbying project has been suspended due to ACLU change in strategy: statehood is still on the burner but we will be taking a different approach.

      2. We need volunteers for our Bill of Rights Dinner on March 18th. Please send messages out to your friends on campus, particularly those at AU should be interested as we are honoring Claudio Grossman, Dean of AU Law School and Chair of the UN Committee on Torture. Our special guest speaker is Greg Craig, who recently served as White House Counsel in the Obama administration. Other honorees include the bookstore, Politics & Prose

      Those who volunteer get to eat and participate in the program for free. Please spread the word. I'll send out another volunteer message following this email.

      thanks - beverly