FLC meeting this Friday, Jan 22

  • mikeliszewski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2010
      Forward from FLC Chair, Amanda Zubiate...

      Dear ACLU Future Leaders Council Members:

      Welcome Back to a NEW 2010!

      First and foremost, I hope everyone has had a wonderful break, and feel energized to start the year anew. FLC has amazing things planned for the year, all of which will be discussed at the first meeting of the year: This FRIDAY, January 22, 2010, 6 – 8pm, ACLU-NCA offices, 1400 20th Street, NW, Suite 119. SW side of Dupont Circle, on 20th between P and New Hampshire in the Bristol House.

      Please RSVP your attendance, to azubiate@..., with a copy to Beverly@..., as food will need to be accounted for. ..

      The Agenda is as Follows:

      please review the below agenda and Septembers previous minutes (attached).

      Future Leadership Council

      01-22-2010

      AGENDA

      1. Call to Order
      2. Approval of Minutes- Nov. 6th, 2009 (attached)
      3. Introductions
      4. Social Networking Update
      5. FLC LEgistlative training Initiative:

      * On TAX Day: April 15th. The FLC will initiate Congressional Visits in a Ralley Style
      * The Location is to be Capital hill with a Back up plan (In the event of Rain) for the event to be held at Union Station

      Two Weeks Prior: FLC will be training youth for Lobbying. Primary trainers will be Richard, Ian, Mike…but we need volunteers.
      *

      THIS MEANS: I am asking each Club to dedicate a ONE Day between March 29th to April 9th, where your club will host and advertise on campus for this "Satellite" training.
      *

      To "amp" this, Interns here are in the process of creating a Summer Video, with Smaller Segment for posting on Face book and Twitter:

      FLC will cover the Expenses of Food. Pamphlets; however, all items must be cleared through Beverly in advance of purchase.

      The April Tax date Lobbing will be held between 4-5 With the Rally ends at 7.

      We ask that you encourage your teams to set appointments in advance:

      6. ACLU Club Development and Promotion

      o Action and involvement in ACLU activities passed by FLC?
      o High School Outreach Update?
      * Campus Updates
      * Unfinished Business
      o Dues - Paid to NCA. Only $5!
      * Adjournment

      Best,

      Amanda S. Zubiate
      Chair, Future Leadership Council | ACLU of the Nation's Capital

      Phone: (505) 363-0987| E-mail:
      azubiate@...

      --
      Amanda S. Zubiate