Event Tomorrow

  • Samantha Scown
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2010
      Tomorrow (Thursday, November 11th) at 12:15-2:00 in Room 201, the Muslim Law Students Association (MLSA) is sponsoring a panel discussion on religious freedom and the First Amendment rights of Muslims. Entitled "Guilty Until Proven Innocent: A Panel Discussion of Civil Rights Abuses Against Muslim Americans," the discussion will be moderated by Prof. Brittian and will feature Nadhira Al-Khalili, Esq., Legal Counsel for the American-Islamic Relation Council; Abed Ayoub, Esq., Legal Director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee; and Alejandro Beutel, Government Liaison for the Muslin Public Affairs Council.

      The ACLU Club discussed sponsoring our own panel discussion about this issue at our September meeting, but agreed that we would step aside and co-sponsor such an event if it was proposed by the MLSA. This panel discussion is, therefore, an ACLU Club event and I urge all ACLU Club members and anyone else interested in the ACLU, or in protecting the civil liberties guaranteed by the Bill of Rights to attend. Members of the Executive Board of MLSA have asked me to submit questions prior to tomorrow's discussion. If there is a specific topic you would like the panel members to address, please email Alia Cambel at aliacambel@....

      As usual, refreshments will be provided. See you all there.