Re: [A ChristianVsAtheist Club] Amending beliefs--ar seems PETRIFIED

  • jbranscom2
    Message 1 of 75 , Oct 1, 2012
      ar--You commit a blatant rational fallacy in your rhetoric that SINCE ATHEISM (itself) is arguably "not a beleif"--that THEREFORE everything you assert as to atheism is ALSO "not a belief" and THEREFORE you do not have to defend it.

      Rhetorically, a this time, I will agree that *ATHEISM* is not a beleif--BUT it is STILL a belief (for example) that theism is is the direct cause of things you claim. It is also strictly your fantasy that ALL theists think that God is a giant invisible friend, that you go to a golden city in the sky when you die, and the scripture of all kinds is necessarily understood literally (with talking snake and the like).

      You are an ignorant fool if you actually think that this is all the case and that you don't have to support it because you're an "atheist" and atheist don't have to defend ANYTHING they say about other peoples' perception of god or not god!

      You seem perfectly happy to simply make up what everyone else thinks!

      It is inescapable that this all (THIS argumentation) IS "narrow and closed minded"! It certainly MAKES you SEEM narrow mind and irrational. That's not MY AD HOM--I don't say these things IN PLACE of facts and reason. I tell you EXACTLY what is narrow and intolerant in your rhetoric. I don't say these things to distract from MY (alleged) absence of substantiation--but to draw attention to yours.

      How the HELL am *I* intolerant of others' beliefs??? I've told you over and over again--that it's perfectly okay with me for you to be an atheist. Atheists are an important part of diversity in the world of ideas and practices. We have much to learn from atheists--even where we don't necessarily accept the whole package of atheist based collateral dogma.

      But I don't believe you "THINK" too much. I believe you think that you once THOUGHT and no longer NEED to. You pretend that YOUR atheism is all you know and all you NEED to know.

      Meaningful faith grows and evolves--and ever renews itself. You seem quite petrified!

      Jim

      --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, <residentatheist@...> wrote:

      > Jim: The problem is your intolerance for those whose beliefs differ from
      > yours.
      >
      > ra: I have no beliefs and your are false.
      >
      > Jim: THAT more than invites challenge.
      >
      > ra: A challenge you and all other theists here have lost over and over
      > again.
      >
      > Jim: But then again you do seem extremely narrow and closed minded about all
      > manner of thing!
      >
      > ra: Yet more ad homs. <yawn>
      >
      > Jim: I AM suggesting that you simply get rational.
      >
      > ra: I am rational. That is why I am atheist. I think, therefore I am
      > atheist.

    • Silk
      Message 75 of 75 , Oct 4, 2012
        Care to explain the COWARDICE.. MR. (git dis) no reply..
        why even yer bossom buddie is not afraid to show his address..
        what is it boy?As if I didn't know.. I do not care for thwe shape of
        residenteds jib but you give a whole new meaning to the word. "COWARD"..
        You are an insincere individual.. but I'm sure there is a significant reason for it.. once bitten twice shy.. that about it? Listen up.. even carol has more courage than you..
        and that is not a compliment.. oh well you got to live with that fear.. i don't..
        Must be a bitch to be a wimp.............

        From: jbranscom2 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>

        Subject: [A ChristianVsAtheist Club] Re: Amending beliefs

        To: achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com

        Date: Monday, October 1, 2012, 10:37 AM

        A-THEISM requires no data!!!!

        THEISM requires no data!!! I have never claimed this--any more than i have claimed that snakes talk.

        ANY belief about a god (or not) requires no data because it isn't SCIENCE. It's FAITH.

        IF we COULD prove we wouldn't NEED faith!

        Who is so very stupid as to assume that one believes in a god ,or not believe in a god on the basis of objective proof???

        THAT'S pure bull shit!!!