Re: 2012 (End of the World) Challenge

  • lord_of_the_munch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
      Silly and childish. And wrong.

      --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, poopiethedemonslayer <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > thats easy, if it were all a myth, eliminating all atheists in the world wouldn't be evil. There would be no such thing as good and evil because it would be all a myth and you guys are just stupid and annoying.
      >
      > hey, you asked.
      >

      > --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, lord_of_the_munch <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Let's see if any of our theists can answer this in 2012.
      > >
      > > How would the world be different if there were no gods? If all religions were based on myths, how would reality be any different from what you experienced in 2011?
      > >
      > > Feel free to keep track of any and all events in 2012 that could not have happened unless there absolutely, positively was a god or gods. Just post about it right here in the old achristianvsatheistclub.
      > >
      > > Good luck!

    • poopiethedemonslayer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
        no, it's logical. why tolerate opposition if there is no reason to be good ? wtf , you be good for goodness sake. I'm not good, but I trust God is good, so i can't just go around eliminating opposition. would be nice though, but even thinking that is sinful -sigh-

        --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, lord_of_the_munch <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Silly and childish. And wrong.
        >

        > --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, poopiethedemonslayer <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > thats easy, if it were all a myth, eliminating all atheists in the world wouldn't be evil. There would be no such thing as good and evil because it would be all a myth and you guys are just stupid and annoying.
        > >
        > > hey, you asked.
        > >

        > > --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, lord_of_the_munch <no_reply@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Let's see if any of our theists can answer this in 2012.
        > > >
        > > > How would the world be different if there were no gods? If all religions were based on myths, how would reality be any different from what you experienced in 2011?
        > > >
        > > > Feel free to keep track of any and all events in 2012 that could not have happened unless there absolutely, positively was a god or gods. Just post about it right here in the old achristianvsatheistclub.
        > > >
        > > > Good luck!

      • lord_of_the_munch
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
          The theory that there is no reason to be good without god awaits any and all evidence. There is none. There are only wild and crazy assertions by theists that they would completely lose their moral bearing without some invisible "big brother" watching from the cloud layer. It's enough to make one wonder how flaccid the moral muscle of theists has become under the pseudo protection of their tyrant gods. But it certainly doesn't mean that theists would actually harm others if their god was suddenly revealed to be mythical. There are still other humans who would prevent such behavior and thoroughly smack them down.

          But thanks for your admission that if it were not for your presumption of a deity that you would become a serial killer. It's interesting but stupid.

          --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, poopiethedemonslayer <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > no, it's logical. why tolerate opposition if there is no reason to be good ? wtf , you be good for goodness sake. I'm not good, but I trust God is good, so i can't just go around eliminating opposition. would be nice though, but even thinking that is sinful -sigh-
          >
          > --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, lord_of_the_munch <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Silly and childish. And wrong.
          > >

          > > --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, poopiethedemonslayer <no_reply@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > thats easy, if it were all a myth, eliminating all atheists in the world wouldn't be evil. There would be no such thing as good and evil because it would be all a myth and you guys are just stupid and annoying.
          > > >
          > > > hey, you asked.

        • Alan BigAl
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
            Lets explore this shall we Slayer. First a question, is there such a thing as good and evil, with or without a god? I would contend that yes there is, with a god both come from god, without a god both are determined by society. However even with a god good and evil are still determined by society.

            Rev Dr Alan FCD Prime
            To: achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com
            From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 06:47:20 +0000