Re: Dennett Bug Priest Who Does Not Blow Smoke - Worth Repeating

  • lord_of_the_munch
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
      The vast majority of your posts are confabulated stories.

      Therefore you must have a zombie mind.

      --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, mangummurdock <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Bugs believe the mind is a "survival machine with predetermined choices" , that
      > "free will is a subjective illusion", and that the real causal story behind
      > human behavior is deterministic. Free Will is self deception, for "we are
      > experts at deluding ourselves…we confabulate stories that keep the self in the
      > driver's seat.
      >
      > Daniel Dennett does not flinch at dismissing consciousness itself as an
      > illusion. Since our brains are nothing but complicated computers, he reasons,
      > we are merely robots – and like any robot we can function perfectly well without
      > subjective awareness (what we call mind, soul, or consciousness). Thus he
      > concludes that humans are essentially zombies as in "philosophical zombies",
      > creatures that exhibit all the behavior of a human but without consciousness.
      >
      > To be consistent these zombie priests are forced to deny the testimony of
      > experience.
      >
      > We can be confident that any philosophy that leads to determinism is simply
      > false because it fails to account for the reality of human nature as we
      > experience it.

    • HumanCarol
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
        M'Ad Homo Gummo stole from Total truth: liberating Christianity from its
        cultural captivity By Nancy Pearcey, Phillip E. Johnson and posted their work
        without citation. (see page 394).

        > Bugs believe the mind is a "survival machine with predetermined choices" ,
        that "free will is a subjective illusion", and that the real causal story behind
        human behavior is deterministic. Free Will is self deception, for "we are
        experts at deluding ourselves…we confabulate stories that keep the self in the
        driver's seat.

        > Daniel Dennett does not flinch at dismissing consciousness itself as an
        illusion. Since our brains are nothing but complicated computers, he reasons,
        we are merely robots – and like any robot we can function perfectly well without
        subjective awareness (what we call mind, soul, or consciousness). Thus he
        concludes that humans are essentially zombies as in "philosophical zombies",
        creatures that exhibit all the behavior of a human but without consciousness.

        > To be consistent these zombie priests are forced to deny the testimony of
        experience.

        > We can be confident that any philosophy that leads to determinism is simply
        false because it fails to account for the reality of human nature as we
        experience it.>>

        As "we" experience it?

        What a stupid thing to say since none of us EXPERIENCE human nature in the same
        way.
      • The Dhampire LOGOS
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
          Dannel Dennett is a proponent of the idea that freewill and determinism is compatible, and indeed we are choice makers, and whether we live in a deterministic universe is not relevant to whether we have freewill and choice.

          How many times do I need to expose your (plagiarized) lie?

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utai74HjPJE

          Oh, let me guess; you (or whoever it was you keep plagiarizing), doesn't *UNDERSTAND* what comes out of Dennett's expansive, well-structured mind.

          You're like a monkey trying to play the piano and blaming the piano for the awful noise.

          LOGOS

          --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, mangummurdock <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Bugs believe the mind is a "survival machine with predetermined choices" , that
          > "free will is a subjective illusion", and that the real causal story behind
          > human behavior is deterministic. Free Will is self deception, for "we are
          > experts at deluding ourselves…we confabulate stories that keep the self in the
          > driver's seat.
          >
          > Daniel Dennett does not flinch at dismissing consciousness itself as an
          > illusion. Since our brains are nothing but complicated computers, he reasons,
          > we are merely robots – and like any robot we can function perfectly well without
          > subjective awareness (what we call mind, soul, or consciousness). Thus he
          > concludes that humans are essentially zombies as in "philosophical zombies",
          > creatures that exhibit all the behavior of a human but without consciousness.
          >
          > To be consistent these zombie priests are forced to deny the testimony of
          > experience.
          >
          > We can be confident that any philosophy that leads to determinism is simply
          > false because it fails to account for the reality of human nature as we
          > experience it.

        • mangummurdock
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
            Google Queen,
            Doesn't that just 'chap your little insect ass'?
            mangum

            --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "HumanCarol" <humanist@...> wrote:

            > M'Ad Homo Gummo stole from Total truth: liberating Christianity from its
            > cultural captivity By Nancy Pearcey, Phillip E. Johnson and posted their work
            > without citation. (see page 394).
            >
            > > Bugs believe the mind is a "survival machine with predetermined choices" ,
            > that "free will is a subjective illusion", and that the real causal story behind
            > human behavior is deterministic. Free Will is self deception, for "we are
            > experts at deluding ourselves…we confabulate stories that keep the self in the
            > driver's seat.
            > >
            > > Daniel Dennett does not flinch at dismissing consciousness itself as an
            > illusion. Since our brains are nothing but complicated computers, he reasons,
            > we are merely robots – and like any robot we can function perfectly well without
            > subjective awareness (what we call mind, soul, or consciousness). Thus he
            > concludes that humans are essentially zombies as in "philosophical zombies",
            > creatures that exhibit all the behavior of a human but without consciousness.
            > >
            > > To be consistent these zombie priests are forced to deny the testimony of
            > experience.
            > >
            > > We can be confident that any philosophy that leads to determinism is simply
            > false because it fails to account for the reality of human nature as we
            > experience it.>>
            >
            > As "we" experience it?
            >
            > What a stupid thing to say since none of us EXPERIENCE human nature in the same
            > way.

          • Gillespie William
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
              RIGHT...PRAY TO ALLAH OR THE HEBREW/XIAN GOD--- THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING--- ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN---NOT. This is what its like in Egypt ....and what it would be like if the Xians had their way. Islam, Judaism and Christianity all come out of the same shit hole....all have the bible's and Koran verses to turn everyone into a slave of god and women into livestock:

              FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY?? DONT COUNT ON IT!!THIS IS ISLAM---
              Joys of Muslim Women

              by Nonie Darwish

              In the Muslim faith a Muslim man can marry a child as young as 1 year old and have sexual intimacy with this child, consummating the marriage by 9. The dowry is given to the family in exchange for the woman (who becomes his slave) and for the purchase of the private parts of the woman, to use her as a toy.

              Even though a woman is abused, she can not obtain a divorce.
              To prove rape, the woman must have (4) male witnesses.
              Often after a woman has been raped, she is returned to her family and the family must return the dowry. The family has the right to execute her (an honor killing) to restore the honor of the family. Husbands can beat their wives 'at will' and the man does not have to say why he has beaten her.

              The husband is permitted to have 4 wives and a temporary wife for an hour (prostitute) at his discretion.

              The Shariah Muslim law controls the private as well as the public life of the woman.

              In the Western World ( America ) Muslim men are starting to demand Shariah Law so the wife can not obtain a divorce and he can have full and complete control of her. It is amazing and alarming how many of our sisters and daughters attending American Universities are now marrying Muslim men and submitting themselves and their children unsuspectingly to the Shariah law.

              By passing this on, enlightened American women may avoid becoming a slave under Shariah Law.
              Ripping the West in Two. Author and lecturer Nonie Darwish says the goal of radical Islamists is to impose Shariah law on the world, ripping Western law and liberty in two.

              She recently authored the book, Cruel and Usual Punishment: The Terrifying Global Implications of Islamic Law.

              Darwish was born in Cairo and spent her childhood in Egypt and Gaza before immigrating to America in 1978, when she was eight years old. Her father died while leading covert attacks on Israel . He was a high-ranking Egyptian military officer stationed with his family in Gaza .

              When he died, he was considered a "shahid," a martyr for jihad. His posthumous status earned Nonie and her family an elevated position in Muslim society.

              But Darwish developed a skeptical eye at an early age. She questioned her own Muslim culture and upbringing. She converted to Christianity after hearing a Christian preacher on television.

              In her latest book, Darwish warns about creeping sharia law - what it is, what it means, and how it is manifested in Islamic countries.

              For the West, she says radical Islamists are working to impose sharia on the world. If that happens, Western civilization will be destroyed. Westerners generally assume all religions encourage a respect for the dignity of each individual. Islamic law (Sharia) teaches that non-Muslims should be subjugated or killed in this world.

              Peace and prosperity for one's children is not as important as assuring that Islamic law rules everywhere in the Middle East and eventually in the world.

              While Westerners tend to think that all religions encourage some form of the golden rule, Sharia teaches two systems of ethics - one for Muslims and another for non-Muslims. Building on tribal practices of the seventh century, Sharia encourages the side of humanity that wants to take from and subjugate others.

              While Westerners tend to think in terms of religious people developing a personal understanding of and relationship with God, Sharia advocates executing people who ask difficult questions that could be interpreted as criticism.

              It's hard to imagine, that in this day and age, Islamic scholars agree that those who criticize Islam or choose to stop being Muslim should be executed.

            • HumanCarol
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
                "The Dhampire LOGOS" <the_dhampire_logos@...> wrote:

                > Oh, let me guess; you (or whoever it was you keep plagiarizing),>>

                M'Ad Homo Gummo stole from Total truth: liberating Christianity from its cultural captivity By Nancy Pearcey, Phillip E. Johnson

                << doesn't *UNDERSTAND* what comes out of Dennett's expansive, well-structured mind.

                > You're like a monkey trying to play the piano and blaming the piano for the awful noise. >>

                How colorful!
              • mangummurdock
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
                  Google Queen,
                  Doesn't that just 'chap your little insect ass'?

                  mangum

                  --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "HumanCarol" <humanist@...> wrote:

                  > "The Dhampire LOGOS" <the_dhampire_logos@> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Oh, let me guess; you (or whoever it was you keep plagiarizing),>>
                  >
                  > M'Ad Homo Gummo stole from Total truth: liberating Christianity from its cultural captivity By Nancy Pearcey, Phillip E. Johnson
                  >
                  > << doesn't *UNDERSTAND* what comes out of Dennett's expansive, well-structured mind.
                  >
                  > > You're like a monkey trying to play the piano and blaming the piano for the awful noise. >>
                  >
                  > How colorful!

                • The Dhampire LOGOS
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2, 2011
                    What, that you can't even come up with original bad arguments?

                    LOGOS

                    --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, mangummurdock <no_reply@...> wrote:

                    > Google Queen,
                    > Doesn't that just 'chap your little insect ass'?
                    >
                    > mangum
                    >

                    > --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "HumanCarol" <humanist@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > "The Dhampire LOGOS" <the_dhampire_logos@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Oh, let me guess; you (or whoever it was you keep plagiarizing),>>
                    > >
                    > > M'Ad Homo Gummo stole from Total truth: liberating Christianity from its cultural captivity By Nancy Pearcey, Phillip E. Johnson
                    > >
                    > > << doesn't *UNDERSTAND* what comes out of Dennett's expansive, well-structured mind.
                    > >
                    > > > You're like a monkey trying to play the piano and blaming the piano for the awful noise. >>
                    > >
                    > > How colorful!

                  • HumanCarol
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 14, 2011