No god

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      Haldron Collider - no god particle produced.... oh my, could this mean that
      there is no god?

      http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/lhc-quark-gluon-plasma-jet-quenching-101130.html

    • lord_of_the_munch
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
        It's not clear they're talking about an experiment to identify it.

        This article says they're still collecting data for the Higgs Boson particle.

        http://tinyurl.com/2wr2hfk

        GENEVA, Switzerland, Nov. 12 (UPI) -- The Large Hadron Collider has produced a pair of Z bosons, a step in the search for the Higgs boson, the so-called God particle, European scientists say.

        The achievement is based on data released by the Compact Muon Solenoid collaboration, designed to detect a wide range of particles and phenomena produced in the LHC's high-energy proton-proton and heavy-ion collisions, RIA Novosti reported.

        "Seeing this first pair is an important step in the giant collider's hunt for the Higgs boson because the generation and analysis of many more such events could provide one of the key signatures of the elusive Higgs," physicsworld.com said.

        http://tinyurl.com/3yre8jb

        Poor god, he was once a pillar of fire and now he's just an elusive particle. Maybe.

        Oh well, he may be elusive but he's everywhere! (Just squint real hard, press your fingers against your eyeballs and drop some acid. You'll see him.)