Re: My Ship

  • The Dhampire LOGOS
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
      --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, viking4christ <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I'm studying the plans for Noah's ship and I'm running into a few problems. For one thing, I'm trying to figure out where to get some gopher wood. Anyone know what that is and where I might find some?

      There is no such thing as gopher wood here on planet earth and "gopher" isn't Hebrew, so logically Noah's wood was brought here by Martians in UFO's.

      LOGOS
    • lord_of_the_munch
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
        Actually it first came about when Noah was giving instructions to his sons one morning. He told his first son, "go for coffee" and his second, "go for wood."

        --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "The Dhampire LOGOS" <the_dhampire_logos@...> wrote:

        > --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, viking4christ <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >

        > > I'm studying the plans for Noah's ship and I'm running into a few problems. For one thing, I'm trying to figure out where to get some gopher wood. Anyone know what that is and where I might find some?
        > >

        > There is no such thing as gopher wood here on planet earth and "gopher" isn't Hebrew, so logically Noah's wood was brought here by Martians in UFO's.
        >

        > LOGOS

      • Judy
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
          Sure viking! That is the wood that is used in hell to keep the heat up to the tormenting temperatures. It does however cause gnashing of teeth when burned! Use with caution....

          Or the alternative is much simpler, toothpicks! But it takes lots of glue to hold them all together.

          Judy C.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
            Huge groan.......!
            Judy C.

            ________________________________
            Actually it first came about when Noah was giving instructions to his sons one morning. He told his first son, "go for coffee" and his second, "go for wood."

            --- In achristianvsatheist club@yahoogroups .com, "The Dhampire LOGOS" <the_dhampire_ logos@... > wrote:

            > --- In achristianvsatheist club@yahoogroups .com, viking4christ <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >

            > > I'm studying the plans for Noah's ship and I'm running into a few problems. For one thing, I'm trying to figure out where to get some gopher wood. Anyone know what that is and where I might find some?
            > >

            > There is no such thing as gopher wood here on planet earth and "gopher" isn't Hebrew, so logically Noah's wood was brought here by Martians in UFO's.
            >

            > LOGOS

          • slarty2003
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
              Better ask a gopher. Truth is, no one knows what is ment by the word gopher wood. It could have been anything including ceder or reeds. So your effort is useless. There is no such thing, and some say it is extinct.

              In any event, it doesn't matter because a boat that large can not be made from wood. The weight would make it come apart as soon as it hit the water. That's why boats that large were never made with wood alone.

              The best evidence for the Noah story is actually much older than Judaism. It comes from the Sumerians some three thousand years before the Jews, who said that the ark was actually a lot of small reed boats tied together. Also they tell us Noah waa a merchant and had live stock on board, which were saved, not every animal of the earth; which would also be completely impossible.

              They also tell us the flood was regional, not world wide. The rest of the story, the birds that were sent out, the length of time it rained etc, are all the same as the bible version. Only in the end the gods tell us they will not flood us anymore as long as we keep sacrificing to them, and Noah gets turned into an imortal. The Babylonian version tells us he was visited by Gilgamesh many years later.

              The Babylonian version is older than the Jewish version and likely where they got it from durring their stay in Babylon where they finaly wrote their bible in 600 bce.

              If you want to build an ark, a bunch of reed rafts tied together is the most likely model. Forget the Babylonian and Jewish versions. They are illogical and impossible fantasy stories. The Sumerian version has the advantage of being the first version and the one that is possible and even probable considering the area we are talking about, which has seen it's share of floods all though history.

              But we know there was never a world wide flood.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
                Well, some say that the Trojans first build a large wooden gopher, but built it solid because they forgot the part where people are supposed to climb inside. That didn't work, so it was tossed to the side until someone else had a bright idea. Some say that Noah used this crap lumber.

                Some say that Noah went to Atlantis where they grow plenty of gopher trees and the cows give buttermilk.

                Some say that a divine voice tells them to give me money.

                'Can't argue with that.

                LOGOS

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
                  --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "The Dhampire LOGOS" <the_dhampire_logos@...> wrote:

                  > Well, some say that the Trojans first build a large wooden gopher, but built it solid because they forgot the part where people are supposed to climb inside. That didn't work, so it was tossed to the side until someone else had a bright idea. Some say that Noah used this crap lumber.

                  That sounds sensable.

                  > Some say that Noah went to Atlantis where they grow plenty of gopher trees and the cows give buttermilk.

                  I've tried butter milk but without a lot of brown sugar it's not very good. I didn't know it came from Atlantian cows, but then for the longest time I didn't know chocolate milk came from brown cows. It's true though. And the fatter the cow is, the higher the cream content of the milk. You can get good milkshakes from cows that were just flung over a castle wall too.

                  > Some say that a divine voice tells them to give me money.
                  >
                  > 'Can't argue with that.
                  >

                  > LOGOS

                  Wish some god would favour me like that.
                • Judy
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
                    Slarty, if your idea about where chocolate milkshakes come from is true, where do strawberry milkshakes come from?

                    Judy C.

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
                      Oh come on. The Strawberry milk comes from red cows, of course. And they are biblical as well. Numbers Chapter 19

                      --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, Judy <cobbie1919@...> wrote:

                      > Slarty, if your idea about where chocolate milkshakes come from is true, where do strawberry milkshakes come from?
                      >
                      > Judy C.
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • terriblelusardi
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
                        --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "The Dhampire LOGOS" <the_dhampire_logos@...> wrote:

                        > Well, some say that the Trojans first build a large wooden gopher, but built it solid because they forgot the part where people are supposed to climb inside. That didn't work, so it was tossed to the side until someone else had a bright idea. Some say that Noah used this crap lumber. - Logos

                        The second plan failed too. The Greeks built another solid gopher but this time they dug a gopher hole and hid in it. The Trojans grabbed the gopher and left the hole where it was. At that point the Greeks said fuck it, built a horse and disguised themselves as a large saddle.
                      • terriblelusardi
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
                          Communist cows? Katherine is going to have a fit. ;-)

                          --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, slarty2003 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                          > Oh come on. The Strawberry milk comes from red cows, of course. And they are biblical as well. Numbers Chapter 19
                        • viking4christ
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
                            Thanks for the information, Slarty. My plans for a viking ship will not be squashed so easily, though. If I cannot have a ship made of gopher wood, I will still attempt to model it after Noah's ship.
                            Did you see my concept drawing? What do you think? Surely you have a better suggestion than reed rafts. I have heathens to conquer, lands to explore, hot viking chicks to entice... What other material would you suggest using?

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
                              I have never seen a red cow! Where do they live? In the U.S.S.R.?
                              Judy

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 3, 2010
                                What's wrong with going with Viking design? At least you know their ships worked. lol... Reed rafts are likely what Noah's ark was, if such a person and such events ever happened. You can forget the biblical plans for the ark, it will sink as soon as it hits the water, it's been tried. ;) Go with a replica of Eric the Red's ship. At least you could make it across the ocean with it. Forget Noah and his fantasy ship.

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 3, 2010
                                  In the USA, actually. Red Angus live in Texas, and they even own pubs in Dublin Ireland