Re: Another review of Freke & Gandy:JESUS... a hang-up comedian

  • The Vampire LOGOS
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 1, 2004
      --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, lord_of_the_munch
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "The Vampire
      LOGOS"
      > <logos257@y...> wrote:
      > > I guess it was the American Idle kind of popular.
      >

      > Is that a reference to the unemployed?
      >
      > The Christian Communist Party?

      Ah well...there goes my spelling `problem' (I refuse to claim the
      term `disability') again. I can read anything, but spell like a 5th
      grader. `Dyslexic and the whole deal (writing those `9's' and `P's'
      give me hell). If Microsoft Word doesn't catch it, then I'm screwed.

      > It's a little ironic that a predominately Christian
      > nation would swoon over a show called "American Idol."
      >
      > I guess idolatry is making a comeback.

      Nah...it just hasn't dawned on them yet. Give them another 3 years
      to realize the `problem'.

      > If Jesus returns, I wonder if he could win using
      > his little bag of tricks? Raising Al Gore from
      > the dead perhaps?

      He could do a transubstantiation ritual and we could just pretend
      that Gore was alive like we did in 2000.

      > Turning water into wine and
      > providing bread and fish to every member of the
      > audience.

      If it was Oprah's audience, they might complain about the free
      bread.

      He'd have to compete with the likes
      > of Benny Hinn.

      Maybe he could be like Moses and impress them by showing who can
      swallow the biggest snake. I know I always find that impressive in a
      live show.

      ;-)

      The Vampire
      LOGOS
    • braindeadslut
      Message 42 of 42 , Nov 2, 2004
        --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "The Vampire LOGOS"
        <logos257@y...> wrote:

        "What? What's funny about dying on a cross?

        > Well, you had to be there."

        Thanks a LOT!!! I was eating a bowl of shredded wheat....and now I
        have to remove it from the screen.
        That's..... FUNNYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

        "...the American Idle kind of popular."

        I don't think you guys are THAT lazy. I mean, you DO manage to get
        up, go over, turn on the TV, so you can watch American Idol!!!

        The rest of your puns are good too.... but that line above....