[A ChristianVsAtheist Club] Re: YOUNG PRO - LIFERS A POWERFUL WITNESS AT CHICAGO

  • braindeadslut
    Message 1 of 196 , Jul 1, 2004
      --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "mitch"
      <md6666us@y...> wrote:

      "Have you noticied how he is good at that.....I think he does it to
      fluster me I am so flusterably flusterable in a flusterolic sort of
      way.........;-)"

      Before you get all silly over some fluttered eyelashes and a promise
      of something 'heavenly' from WEofUI that *I* could never give you....
      please note that her claim of 'out of context' has NOT been well
      supported by the actual bible verses themselves.

      Although, like everything else seems to be in the bible, it seems to
      be a matter of interpretation, I feel it is a real stretch to think
      that (working within the myth) Jesus would SAY those words to be
      ignored.

      I believe the idea here by the ACTUAL writers was that they had
      noticed people doing the 'holier than thou' routine, praying in
      public, etc., and wrote something in their book that was supposedly
      from the all-powerful authoritative being, in order to keep people
      from being pretentious.

      On that line, notice the Jews at the wailing wall! Man, talk about
      blatantly showing off one's 'holiness'!

      Each time I think of the wailing wall, I am reminded of some
      orthodox jew who was interviewed at that wall by a news person,
      concerning the then upcoming visit to the wailing wall, of the pope.

      The jew's remark was that the pope doesn't have a grasp on reality.

      Ha ha ha ha ha ha..... here is this guy in his ancient garb, beating
      his head against the wall in reverence to some flying carpet.... and
      saying that the POPE doesn't have a grasp on reality!!!

      That had to be TOO funny and TOO ironic..... and I bet that is why
      it hit the international news.
    • braindeadslut
      Message 196 of 196 , Jul 8, 2004
        --- In achristianvsatheistclub@yahoogroups.com, "Trish" <trish@s...>