Re: My gender's better than your gender! @ maybelle

  • weofui
    Message 1 of 81 , Feb 1, 2003
      I read Maybell's post at least 5 times... I responded and erased my

      I'm glad you made this post. :-)

      Tanya
    • davehenson1024
      Message 81 of 81 , Feb 22, 2003
        > > WHY?
        God wants man to revere Him. Already, right after the flood, they
        were trying to establish their will over His. And so, He confuses
        their language and scatters them abroad.

        >>WHY the plural "US"?
        There are three Beings in the Godhead - the Father, the Son, and the
        Holy Spirit. They are Three with one divine purpose and mind, as far
        as we know. There is also a hierarchy, as the Son and the Spirit
        answer to the Father.

        WHY scatter and confuse mankind?

        > > DH: <<God's intent was to stop the tower, not to stop the
        > > communication.>>
        > >
        > > NO, dh. as written in the Bible, God's intention was VERY
        specific,
        > > and it was NOT to stop just the tower: (NIV)Genesis 11:5 But the
        > LORD
        > > came down to see the city and the tower that the men were
        > building.
        > > 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they
        > > have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be
        > impossible
        > > for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so
        they
        > > will not understand each other."

        God wanted to stop their language, so that they could not do these
        things. Soon enough, man would be trying to show himself equal to
        God. Today, we build things that are much taller than the Tower of
        Babel. Therefore, it must have bben the intentions of the builders
        (to make a name for themselves) that God was stopping.

        I will answer this in a new post.