72288725,000 Endangered Species Condoms Given Away for Holidays

  • Carol Smith
    Dec 20, 2013
      25,000 Endangered Species Condoms Given Away for Holidays
      Endangered species condomsAre you ready for New Year's Eve? Hundreds of Center supporters in all 50 states are already gearing up for it this holiday season -- specifically, helping the planet by distributing 25,000 Endangered Species Condoms to highlight the devastating ecological effects of rampant human population growth and overconsumption.

      It's a milestone for our condoms: By the time the ball drops on New Year's Eve, about half a million will have been distributed since 2009. Wrapped in colorful packages featuring six different species -- plus mottos like, "In the sack? Save the leatherback" -- they'll be handed out at holiday parties, churches, dentists' offices, health clinics, skate parks, yoga studios -- you name it.

      We may never give out as many condoms as there are people...but half a million ain't bad.

      Learn more about Endangered Species Condoms
      and check out our brand-new Facebook and @humpsmarter Twitter pages. Then take our New Year's pledge to live more sustainably.