Part II Thorns for you!

  • teddybear1937
    Message 1 of 627 , Nov 29, 1999
      Part II Thorns for you!<br><br>Sandra watched for
      Barbara's response. Was this a joke? Who would want rose
      stems<br>"Yes, please. It's exquisite," said Barbara. "You'd
      think after three years of getting the<br>special, I'd
      not be so moved by its significance, but it's
      happening again. My family will<br>love this
      conversation about so strange an arrangement? She<br>wondered.
      "Ah, said Sandra, pointing. "That lady just left with,
      ah....." <br><br>"Yes," "Well, she had no flowers!"
      "Right, I cut off the
      pay for that?" In spite of herself she chuckled.
      leave this shop without knowing. I'd think about
      nothing else!" <br><br>"That might be good," said Jenny.
      "Well," continued she "Barbara came into the
      shop<br>three years ago feeling very much like you feel today.
      She thought she had very little to<br>be thankful
      for. She had lost her father to cancer, the family
      business was failing, her son<br>was into drugs, and she
      faced major surgery." <br><br>"Ouch!" said Sandra.
      responsibility for the shop and<br>for the first time, spent the
      holidays alone. I had no children, no husband, no
      family<br>nearby, and too great a debt to allow any travel."
      for thorns." <br><br>Sandra's eyebrows lifted.
      "Thorns?" <br><br>"I'm a Christian, Sandra. I've always
      thanked God for good things in life and I
      never<br>thought to ask Him why good things happened to me? But,
      when bad stuff hit, did I ever<br>ask! It took time to
      learn that dark times are important. I always enjoyed
      the 'flowers' of<br>life but it took thorns to show
      me the beauty of God's comfort. You know, the Bible
      says<br>that God comforts us when we're afflicted and from His
      gasped. "A friend read that passage to me and I was
      furious! I guess the truth is I<br>don't want comfort.
      I've lost a baby and I'm angry with God." <br><br>She
      started to ask Jenny to "go on" when the door's bell
      diverted their attention. "Hey,<br>Phil!" shouted Jenny as
      a balding, rotund man entered the shop. She softly
      touched<br>Sandra's arm and moved to welcome him. He tucked her under
      his side for a warm hug. <br><br>"I'm here for twelve
      thorny long-stemmed stems!" Phil laughed, heartily.
      ready." She lifted a tissue-wrapped<br>arrangement from
      said Phil. "My wife will love them." <br><br>Sandra
      could not resist asking. "These are for your wife?"
    • love_is_gentle
      Message 627 of 627 , Jun 8, 2013
        Truth is simple but powerful !