Re: All that emptiness (Russell & Nathan)

  • sparkdog65
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      --- In achangewilldoyougood@y..., "yadanar2002" <yadanar2002@y...>
      wrote:
      > For the person who thought that I was making an "excuse" for not
      > doing more volunteering: I help them out by volunteering as their
      > webmaster, producing newsletters, helping with their mailings,
      > finding new jobs for members, etc. How do the rich get richer? Some
      > examples: socializing, networking, publicizing their own
      > businesses...

      From Sparkdog65 (a.k.a. The Person Who...)

      What you originally wrote was:

> [...]
      make the rich get richer. They need me (my assistance), but I don't
      need them.

      I was replying to this specific comment, not about how "the rich get
      richer". If some rich people socialize at charity events get richer,
      still, donations lead to services for the poor and needy.

      Do what you wish (or not) for charity; that's not the issue. The
      issue is, is some businessman maybe getting a few extra bucks from
      some connection made at a charity event? Maybe. So what? His
      donations will put food in someone's belly. The internet stuff is
      nice, but non-profits get food and other donations, as well as money,
      in order to provide services. The rest is fringe.

      John