Re:[ACWDYG ] Re: Bucky

  • batterie5
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
      I live in a little village, it's doubled in size since we arrived nearly 40 years ago. Now we have 200 houses with the last 20 being built the end of last year. The mayor has said they are the last ones as there is not enough water for more. From what we have seen we have already passed that point. In previous years there were less washing machines, no dish washers, 1 or 2 bathes or showers a week. But we still love it there.
      Best wishes
      Chris

      --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "Alice" <teddybear1937@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > We are having only one church service today and the choir is required to be there early to go over music so I must be off. Until later....
      >
      > ~Alice
      > --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "c.barton" <c.barton@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I love the birds to. One day I got to27 different breeds it the garden, if I include the neighbours chickens and a sparrow hawk dropping in for a snack (not invited). We don't get wolves they live further south, we do have wild boars and deer calling in winter getting the last of the apples. The morning we left for England there were deer droppings outside the front door.
      > > Happy New Year to all
      > > Chris
      > >

      > > > Message du 29/12/12 15:40
      > > > De : "Alice"
      > > > A : achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com
      > > > Copie à :
      > > > Objet : Re:[ACWDYG ] Re: Bucky
      > > >

      > > > Nope not the cartoon Bucky, but he is a character. He is strictly the indoor feline and has never been in the "great grass room" although I do grown kitty grass for him indoors. He had a house mate for years, named Flash. An abused tuxedo cat...actually were both kitten when we adopted them. Flash dropped dead one evening when I was preparing to go to choir practice. I have lost many pets over the years but never had one just drop dead. When Bucky leaves me I think I shall just enjoy the ones in the neighborhood who come to visit. They all seem to love my yard. Maybe because it is wildlife certified...feeding the birds but they do not seem to hunt. They seem to be happy just lounging about and Bucky wants them to come inside so he thinks. Especially the neighbors little female. Her name is Spatz (white markings on her feet). She sits at my front storm door and they have a cat chat. Animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit.
      > > >
      > > > I do have all sorts of animals from turtles, wild rabbits as well as my neighbors pet ones, to opossums that I see in the yard from time to time.
      > > >
      > > > When my husband and I first met and starting dating we became bird watchers and it has proven to be very entertaining. I am afraid that my bird listed has fallen off except for what comes to the yard. I did have a great blue heron that came and ate all my beautiful Koi. I decided not add to the water garden after that episode.
      > > >
      > > > I do love the animals for they are; just what God made them nothing more and nothing less...at least in my eyes. I certainly understand about the travel thing. Bucky only travels to his next place to take a nap.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for sharing.
      > > > ~Alice

      > > Une messagerie gratuite, garantie à vie et des services en plus, ça vous tente ?

    • Alice
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
        I think we all love where we are or we would be moving. Sounds like a lovely village. I rarely use my dishwasher. In fact I can't remember the last time. My mom taught me to clean up as I cooked and it has served me well but I need my washing machine. I am not up to washing everything by hand. One or two baths a week you are still pretty clean! Are there business there?

        By the way, why did you choose to move there? We moved here because it was near the post where my husband was stationed. After he retired we just stayed because it was home and still is.

        Best wishes to you and yours.

        --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "batterie5" <c.barton@...> wrote:

        > I live in a little village, it's doubled in size since we arrived nearly 40 years ago. Now we have 200 houses with the last 20 being built the end of last year. The mayor has said they are the last ones as there is not enough water for more. From what we have seen we have already passed that point. In previous years there were less washing machines, no dish washers, 1 or 2 bathes or showers a week. But we still love it there.
        > Best wishes
        > Chris
        >
        > --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "Alice" <teddybear1937@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Happy New Year to one and all! Sounds a little like my kind of place.
        > > My home use to be out in the county...so to speak, but the world has moved out a little and we are co-existing fairly well. I am still close enough to the out-laying area to be able to enjoy nature besides in my own yard.
        > >
        > > We are having only one church service today and the choir is required to be there early to go over music so I must be off. Until later....
        > >
        > > ~Alice
        > > --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "c.barton" <c.barton@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I love the birds to. One day I got to27 different breeds it the garden, if I include the neighbours chickens and a sparrow hawk dropping in for a snack (not invited). We don't get wolves they live further south, we do have wild boars and deer calling in winter getting the last of the apples. The morning we left for England there were deer droppings outside the front door.
        > > > Happy New Year to all
        > > > Chris

        > > > Une messagerie gratuite, garantie à vie et des services en plus, ça vous tente ?
        > > > Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net

      • c.barton
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
          hi I never had a dish washer, now he is retired (12 years now) I wash DH dries much cheaper. I agree about the washing machine. When in England for holidays DH and I do dishes and most of the cooking and DD does the clothes ;) and most of the driving so we can have a drink with a restaurant meal or at the pub. It's no hardship for her as she doesn't like alcohol.
          We went to France in the 70's no work here and the miners were on strike so no electricity for most of the day. I worked on telephones selling V.W. cars to dealerships. Try writing orders out by the light of a gas light :(
          DH saw an advert for a job in the paper applied and we moved to France. Lived in a flat for 3+years then his work and the mayor of the village at that time got together and built 8 houses.
          We got one of them as DH was a shift worker and had to sleep, The flat upstairs from us change from an elderly couple to a family with 3 preschool children, that was the deciding factor.
          So here we are England for holidays by the seaside, the rest of the time up our mountain. We don't get time to get bored there is always something going on.
          Chris

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
            Sounds like a great plan.