For Today..

  • Ian R Stephenson
    Message 1 of 1204 , Dec 1, 2012
      *For Today �*

      The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead.

      *-- Alcoholics Anonymous, page 152*

      * *

      My eyes already touch the sunny hill.
      going far ahead of the road I have begun.
      So we are grasped by what we cannot grasp;
      it has inner light, even from a distance-

      and charges us, even if we do not reach it,
      into something else, which, hardly sensing it, we already are;
      a gesture waves us on answering our own wave...
      but what we feel is the wind in our faces.

      *-- Rainer Maria Rilke*

      The conversation between Fletcher and Jonathan Livingston Seagull

      is centered on why some have achieved more than others . . . are

      they divine . . . ahead of their times . . . Fletcher says, Well, this kind

      of flying has always been here to be learned by anybody who wanted

      to discover it; that's got nothing to do with time. We're ahead of the

      fashion, maybe. Ahead of the way most gulls fly. Poor Fletch. Don't

      you believe what your eyes are telling you? All they show is limitations.

      Look with your understanding, find out what you already know,

      and you'll see the way to fly.

      *-- Richard Bach*

      *
      *

      *Love and may your God go with you Ian S..*

      --
      Get Real, Get Now

    • c.barton
      Message 1204 of 1204 , Jan 21, 2013
        Have a good trip and be good to yourself :-)
        Chris in snowy France.