the story behind the star spangled banner our national anthem

  • Michael traster
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011

      A few minutes of my time... Astonishing.... Humbling..

      if you go to you tube and type in:

      the story behind the star spangled banner   our national anthem

      It will touch you to the core of your being

      The freedom to move about

      the freedom to speak one's mind and heart

      the freedom to say yes or no to this or that

      the freedom to preserve one's self

      the freedom to work and create one's dreams...

      the foundation of those freedoms is such an extraordinary sacrifice....

      without which we would not have our freedoms.

      Happy New Year... and give thanks

      Mike T

    • Miriam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
        When singing the song so many times throughout the years, I had no idea of the real happenings behind the words to this song.

         Unbelievable tenacity for freedom at all costs.

         Impossible odds of what soldiers have gone through for us today.

         To comprehend they gave their lives for us in this manner.

        Humbling ? Yes.      Without a tearful  doubt !