Re: [ACWDYG ] Re: who is doing racial profiling here?

  • Michael traster
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 5, 2009
      Sonja your prayer that this thing "quickly dies down" sounds like the misuse of "prayer" as it is the attempted imposition of your  opinion and will upon others.

      I don't think that such prayer is prayer at all.

      In fact if I "pray" that your realize that your roses are the wrong color, your car is too big, too small, too powerful, or too fancy, you are voting for the wrong guy,  I am in fact not praying. I am attempting to impose my will on you through pseudo prayer.. the meditative imposition of my will upon another.

      I find no prayer in that at all.  To me , this absolutely crosses the line.

      Mike

    • Deborah Marcel
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 5, 2009
        What does ACWDOG stand for?

        Deborah
        " In the Presence of Self- Confidence, Doubt Cannot Exist"

        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 6, 2009
          Michael that's your opinion and you ARE ENTITLED it doesn't mean that
          you are right. People pray as they will-- as they are taught-- or what
          they think prayer should be about... you are welcome to feel anyway you
          want about anything I post. I will continue, as you do, to post what I
          will.. (in GOOD taste) and continue to feel whatever I want to feel
          about any other post. We are a group and a good group and we all have
          rights to our opinions and thoughts on any subject matter-even prayer...

          - so feel as you must.. buh-- bye..

          and YES Deborah you are right... what indeed does ACWDYG stand for????

          From: Michael traster <michaelpault@...
          <mailto:michaelpault%40yahoo.com> >
          To: achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:achangewilldoyougood%40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 6, 2009
            Make it a great day Michael

            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 6, 2009
              Deborah,

              Looks to me like someone make a typo?!! Maybe they meant ACWDYG!

              ~Alice

              --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, Deborah Marcel <ddmg41@...> wrote:

              > What does ACWDOG stand for?
              >

              > Deborah
              > " In the Presence of Self- Confidence, Doubt Cannot Exist"

            • Deborah Marcel
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 6, 2009
                No Alice, it was no typo.
                It's feels like the group should be named,
                A Change Will Do Others Good!!!!!!!

                Deborah
                " In the Presence of Self- Confidence, Doubt Cannot Exist"

                Looks to me like someone make a typo?!! Maybe they meant ACWDYG!

                ~Alice

                --- In achangewilldoyougoo d@yahoogroups. com, Deborah Marcel <ddmg41@...> wrote:

                > What does ACWDOG stand for?
                >

                > Deborah
                > " In the Presence of Self- Confidence, Doubt Cannot Exist"

              • teddybear1937
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 6, 2009
                  How sad if you did not mean that in a good way! I think the group is named very well and as we support each other we certainly do "others" good and in so doing we do ourselves good. I suppose there can be exceptions to that when someone doesn't really want our help/support and merely wants to vent their feelings and frustrations. We can't change overnight or not even perhaps in a week or month, but if we truly desire we can make a change. I personally have experienced changes (good changes)just from being associated with others in this group. It is certainly not just about me.

                • victoria_200231035@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 6, 2009
                    I agree with Alice. Its good to be able to talk to people and hear how they've made it through the tough times I am facing.

                    How sad if you did not mean that in a good way! I think the group is named very well and as we support each other we certainly do "others" good and in so doing we do ourselves good. I suppose there can be exceptions to that when someone doesn't really want our help/support and merely wants to vent their feelings and frustrations. We can't change overnight or not even perhaps in a week or month, but if we truly desire we can make a change. I personally have experienced changes (good changes)just from being associated with others in this group. It is certainly not just about me.

                    ~Alice

                    --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, Deborah Marcel <ddmg41@...> wrote:

                    > No Alice, it was no typo.
                    > It's feels like the group should be named,
                    > A Change Will Do Others Good!!!!!!!
                    >

                    > Deborah
                    > " In the Presence of Self- Confidence, Doubt Cannot Exist"

                  • Phyllis Dobrinsky
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 6, 2009
                      being in this group is a choice. don't like it - leave! this is a place to vent and get advice and "talk" and help others and receive help. As the saying goes "take what you like and leave the rest." no one is forced to read anyone's post or agree with it - but everyone is free to express their opinions. that's what this group is about - all of us.

                      ________________________________
                      How sad if you did not mean that in a good way! I think the group is named very well and as we support each other we certainly do "others" good and in so doing we do ourselves good. I suppose there can be exceptions to that when someone doesn't really want our help/support and merely wants to vent their feelings and frustrations. We can't change overnight or not even perhaps in a week or month, but if we truly desire we can make a change. I personally have experienced changes (good changes)just from being associated with others in this group. It is certainly not just about me.

                      ~Alice

                      --- In achangewilldoyougoo d@yahoogroups. com, Deborah Marcel <ddmg41@...> wrote:

                      > No Alice, it was no typo.
                      > It's feels like the group should be named,
                      > A Change Will Do Others Good!!!!!!!
                      >

                      > Deborah
                      > " In the Presence of Self- Confidence, Doubt Cannot Exist"

                    • Michael traster
                      Message 10 of 26 , Aug 6, 2009
                        it's a fine group. Personally though I've agreed and disagreed with a great many people on here over time, I have found myself liking nearly everyone. The only exceptions were a very few with a truly mean spirit or someone who wanted to con
                        those who were down and out and seeking answers for their lives.

                        To me it seems that a lot of people reach out in many ways here to help and uplift others in their lives  both spiritually and in many practical ways.

                      • Phyllis Dobrinsky
                        Message 11 of 26 , Aug 7, 2009
                          very well said, michael. bravo.

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 26 , Aug 7, 2009
                            thanks Phyllis... I think it's a great group.

                            I do have one huge suggestion here. If someone's idea seems to SUCK, and you can actually express WHY  it sucks in a logical functional and useful way, by all means, do so.
                            However, if you turn around and attack the person...either directly or cutely.. you know like a cobra with a smiley face and a "have a nice day!!! byeeeeee sticker on it.... that is useless, liscentious mean spirited, and plain old destructive.

                            I believe that in HONEST discourse, we focus on ideas, and do not attack indivicuals character... even if we are being sneaky about it... and mistake sneaky for subtle. It is
                            in my opinion darkly inspired behavior.

                            now for the bad news... and the fantastic news that follows it....

                            there are lots of places in the world where there just isn't much clean healthy drinking water.
                            Much of Africa has this problem among other areas.

                            ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION OBAMA? SPEND SOME MONEY ON THIS AND ATTACH NO STRINGS TO IT... at 25,000 bucks a piece.. A HUGE BARGAIN....  can you imagine what 100, or 500, or 1,000 of these would do in so many places around the world...where clean water is desperately needed?

                            let's see 1000 of these water generating systems at 25,000 each... I think that comes to
                            25,000,000 dollars... total. Imagine  the life giving benefits!!!!!

                            OK OK THE IDEA... and I guarantee that you will be inspired, happy and LOVE IT

                            this is some good news... a windmill used to extract water from the air.

                            I KNOW I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY.. BUT THAT IS BECAUSE THE INVENTOR WAS THINKING AND WE ARE SIMPLY REACTING OUT OF OUR LIMITED MIND ATTITUDE.

                            HUH?

                            As I understand it, it's fairly straight forward. The windmill drives a condenser like in an air conditioner. During the cycle the condenser cools and water collects on it from the air.. due to it's cooler surface temps.

                            One model generates quite a bit of power. It requires a fairly high level of humidity to work with any degree of efficiency, but it is very promising . IT'S A DONE DEAL.... NOW TO GET FOLKS TO SUPPORT IT..

                            AND IT REQUIRES NO BUREAUCRACY.. YEAH IMAGINE... NONE.

                            Imagine taking an old condenser from a car a/c, an old refrigerator or freezer, or a window a/c and hooking it to a wind mill. A big one was producing A GREAT MANY gallons a day..

                            Just think of the profound health value to all of this.

                            ONE MORE POWERFUL THOUGHT.

                            WE ARE SURROUNDED WITH THINGS THAT ARE COMMON TO US AND HAVE BEEN FOR MANY DECADES. WHEN///IF WE THINK WE CAN COMBINE THEM.. LIKE COMBINING  WIND.... A WINDMILL....A CONDENSER  AND ACHIEVE SOMETHING FANTASTIC!!!

                            AND YOU DO NOT NEED A PHD IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.

                            STEP ONE...REALIZE THAT THERE ARE FUNCTIONAL SOLUTIONS ALL AROUND US

                            STEP TWO....PAY ATTENTION........WITH AN OPEN AND QUIET MIND

                            STEP THREE.... SEE THE PROBLEM CLEARLY SO YOU CAN USE YOUR MIND TO SCAN FOR SOLUTIONS...

                            STEP FOUR.... PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING... AND IMAGINE IT'S FUNCTIONAL VALUE

                            STEP FIVE... AS YOU RELAX AND PERMIT THE MIND GOD GAVE YOU TO WORK, YOU WILL MAKE DISCOVERIES AND INVENT THINGS......

                            IT HAPPENS NATURALLY. KIDS DO IT ALL THE TIME

                            BECAUSE...THEY HAVE YET TO BE HOODWINKED INTO BELIEVING THAT THEY CAN'T

                            IN ONE'S STATE OF NATURAL GOD GIVEN MIND, YOU
                            KNOW THAT IN FACT YOU CAN.

                            Mike

                            it's a fine group. Personally though I've agreed and disagreed with a great many people on here over time, I have found myself liking nearly everyone. The only exceptions were a very few with a truly mean spirit or someone who wanted to con
                            those who were down and out and seeking answers for their lives.

                            To me it seems that a lot of people reach out in many ways here to help and uplift others in their lives both spiritually and in many practical ways.

                          • cindyannk
                            Message 13 of 26 , Aug 7, 2009
                              Sorry about that Alice. I guess I should pay more attention to what the media says from now on. Or maybe I shouldn't multitask on the computer while listening to the news. LOL

                              Like my former HS Creative Writing Teacher told me constuctive criticizm is better than destructive criticizm, because you learn more if it's constructive. I am also white and 53.

                              Take care,
                              Cindy