For Today..

  • Ian Stephenson
    Message 1 of 1204 , Aug 1, 2009
      For Today --
      For a brief moment, I had needed and wanted God. There had been
      a humble willingness to have Him with me - and He came. But soon
      the sense of His presence had been blotted out by worldly clamors,
      mostly those within myself.

      -- BILL'S STORY, Alcoholics Anonymous, pages 12, 13

      And he [the Lord] said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before
      the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong
      wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the
      Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind and
      earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: And after the
      earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire
      a still small voice.

      -- I Kings 19: 11-12 (KJV)

      In a famous sequence of wind, earthquake and fire, the noise of
      theophany is overwhelming; but it is only with the stunning quiet of
      the aftermath that the Lord speaks to Elijah in the "sound of sheer
      silence." Anoint Elisha, says the "still small voice," for he will take
      your place as the prophet of the Lord.

      -- Peter S. Hawkins

      Love and myGgwy Ian S..

      An absence of alternatives clears the mind marvellously

    • c.barton
      Message 1204 of 1204 , Jan 21, 2013
        Have a good trip and be good to yourself :-)
        Chris in snowy France.