For Today

  • Ian Stephenson
    Message 1 of 964 , Feb 29, 2008
      For Today --

      Service, gladly rendered, obligations squarely met, troubles well accepted
      or solved with God's help, the knowledge that at home or in the world outside
      we are partners in a common effort, the well-understood fact that in God's
      sight all human beings are important, the proof that love freely given surely
      brings a full return, the certainty that we are no longer isolated and alone in
      self-constructed prisons, the surety that we need no longer be square pegs
      in round holes but can fit and belong in God's scheme of things - these are the
      permanent and legitimate satisfactions of right living for which no amount of
      pomp and circumstance, no heap of material possessions, could possibly be
      substitutes.

      -- Twelve Steps And Twelve Traditions, page 124

      As we become conscious of the harmony in our soul, our apprehension of the
      blissfulness of the spirit of the world becomes universal, and the expression
      of beauty in our life moves in goodness and love towards the infinite.

      -- Rabindranath Tagore

      You and I are One
      All of You and Us are One.
      All The Souls are One Soul
      All The Lights are One Light.

      -- The Messenger of Unity

      Love and myGgwy Ian S..

      An absence of alternatives clears the mind marvellously

    • Ian R Stephenson
      Message 964 of 964 , Jan 13, 2013
        *For Today --*

        * *

        *So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out
        *

        *of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run
        riot, *

        *though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must *

        *be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kills us! God makes that
        possible.*

        * *

        *-- Alcoholics Anonymous, page 62*

        * *

        * *

        *Only the detached and purified heart can view all things � the irrational *

        *cruelty of circumstance, the tortures of war, the apparent injustice of
        life, *

        *the acts and beliefs of enemy and friend � in true proportion; and reckon*

        *with calm mind the sum of evil and good. Therefore the mystics tell us*

        *perpetually that �selfhood must be killed� before Reality can be attained.*

        * *

        *-- Practical Mysticism*

        * *

        * *

        *Ego� as a concept has negative connotations for many spiritual seekers,
        for *

        *whom it is simply an impediment, an obstacle in need of eradication�Ego *

        *could be said to be a cult of one (or a self-enclosed coalition of
        survival-*

        *oriented habits that automatically refers to itself as �I�). This does not
        *

        *mean that this is evil or in need of annihilation, but rather that it's
        centered *

        *and unquestioningly governed by its own ideology�What is needed is not *

        *the elimination, but rather the illumination, of ego.*

        * *

        *-- Rob ert Augustus Masters*

        * *

        * *

        *When there is no way out, there is still always a way through.*

        * *

        *-- Eckhart Tolle*

        *
        *