For Today

  • Ian Stephenson
    Message 1 of 964 , Jan 1, 2008
      For Today --

      We have found much of heaven and we have been rocketed into a
      fourth dimension of existence of which we had not even dreamed.

      -- Alcoholics Anonymous, page 25

      Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.
      There is a party, everyone is there.
      Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.
      Its hard to imagine that nothing at all
      Could be so exciting, and so much fun.

      -- Talking Heads

      To say yes, you have to sweat and roll up your sleeves and plunge
      both hands into life up to the elbows.

      -- Jean Anouilh

      Love and myGgwy Ian S..

      An absence of alternatives clears the mind marvellously

    • Ian R Stephenson
      Message 964 of 964 , Jan 13, 2013
        *For Today --*

        * *

        *So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out
        *

        *of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run
        riot, *

        *though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must *

        *be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kills us! God makes that
        possible.*

        * *

        *-- Alcoholics Anonymous, page 62*

        * *

        * *

        *Only the detached and purified heart can view all things � the irrational *

        *cruelty of circumstance, the tortures of war, the apparent injustice of
        life, *

        *the acts and beliefs of enemy and friend � in true proportion; and reckon*

        *with calm mind the sum of evil and good. Therefore the mystics tell us*

        *perpetually that �selfhood must be killed� before Reality can be attained.*

        * *

        *-- Practical Mysticism*

        * *

        * *

        *Ego� as a concept has negative connotations for many spiritual seekers,
        for *

        *whom it is simply an impediment, an obstacle in need of eradication�Ego *

        *could be said to be a cult of one (or a self-enclosed coalition of
        survival-*

        *oriented habits that automatically refers to itself as �I�). This does not
        *

        *mean that this is evil or in need of annihilation, but rather that it's
        centered *

        *and unquestioningly governed by its own ideology�What is needed is not *

        *the elimination, but rather the illumination, of ego.*

        * *

        *-- Rob ert Augustus Masters*

        * *

        * *

        *When there is no way out, there is still always a way through.*

        * *

        *-- Eckhart Tolle*

        *
        *