Fw: [HeartBodyMindSoulNSpirit] Leaving the City of Regret

  • Alice
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      http://heartmindbodysoulnspirit.zaadz.com/

      http://www.myspace.com/heartmindbodysoulnspirit

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Asian Woman
      To: HeartBodyMindSoulNSpirit@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:26 AM
      Subject: [HeartBodyMindSoulNSpirit] Leaving the City of Regret

      Leaving the City of Regret

      I had not really planned on taking a trip this time of year, and yet,
      I found myself packing rather hurriedly.

      This trip was going to be unpleasant and I knew in advance that no
      real good would come of it.

      I'm talking about my annual "Guilt Trip".

      I got tickets to fly there on "WISHIHAD" airlines.

      It was an extremely short flight.

      I got my baggage, which, I could not check.

      I chose to carry it myself all the way.

      It was weighted down with a thousand memories of what might have been.

      No one greeted me as I entered the terminal to the Regret City
      International Airport.

      I say international because people from all over the world come to
      this dismal town.

      As I checked into the Last Resort Hotel, I noticed that they would be
      hosting the year's most important event, the Annual Pity Party.

      I wasn't going to miss that great social occasion.

      Many of the towns leading citizens would be there.

      First, there would be the Done family, you know, Should Have, Would
      Have and Could Have.

      Then came the I Had family.

      You probably know ol' Wish and his clan.

      Of course, the Opportunities would be present, Missed and Lost.

      The biggest family would be the Yesterday's.

      There are far too many of them to count, but each one would have a
      very sad storyto share.

      Then Shattered Dreams would surely make an appearance.

      And It's Their Fault would regale us with stories (excuses) about how
      things had failed in his life, and each story would be loudly
      applauded by Don't Blame Me and I Couldn't Help It.

      Well, to make a long story short, I went to this depressing party
      knowing that there would be no real benefit in doing so.

      And, as usual, I became very depressed.

      But as I thought about all of the stories of failures brought back
      from the past, it occurred to me that all of this trip and
      subsequent "pity party" could be canceled by ME!

      I started to realize that I did not have to be there.

      I didn't have to be depressed.

      One thing kept going through my mind, "I can't change yesterday, but
      I do have the power to make today a wonderful day".

      I can be happy, joyous, fulfilled, encouraged, as well as
      encouraging.

      Knowing this, I left the city of Regret immediately and left no
      forwarding address.

      Am I sorry for the mistakes I've made in the past?

      YES!

      But there is no physical way to undo them.

      So, if you are planning a trip to the city of Regret, please cancel
      all your reservations now.

      Instead, take a trip to a place called Starting Again.

      I liked it so much that I have now taken up permanent residence
      there.

      My neighbors, the I Forgive Myself and the New Starts are so very
      helpful.

      By the way, you don't have to carry around heavy baggage, because the
      load is lifted from your shoulders upon arrival.

      You too, can find this new town, just ask the Lord to show you the
      way.

      Now I live on ICANDOIT street.

      -- Author Unknown