Thought For Today

  • Tina Kraise
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2007
      VERSE:
      If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive
      Us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
      -- 1 John 1:9

      THOUGHT:
      God is faithful! Scripture declares it. We've experienced it. In
      Fact, we cherish this promise from God, especially when things
      Don't turn out as they "should." So when Satan does trip us with
      Temptation, or when we are weak or rebellious, isn't it comforting
      That we can be forgiven and made clean again? God wants us to call
      Our sin what he calls it. (To "confess" literally means to "say the
      Same" thing about it as God does!) Incredibly, God does more than
      Forgive us. He also cleanses us. We're made new, fresh, pure, and
      Holy once again! That is more than being faithful and just; that's
      Being downright gracious.

    • Tina Krause
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2008
        THE BUZZARD:
        If you put a buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8 feet and is
        entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of its ability to fly,
        will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always
        begins a flight from the ground with a run of 10 to 12 feet. Without
        space to run, as is its habit, it will not even attempt to fly, but
        will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.

        THE BAT:
        The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble
        creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is
        placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about
        helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight
        elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once,
        it takes off like a flash.

        THE BUMBLEBEE:
        A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it
        dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the
        top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides
        near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it
        completely destroys itself.

        PEOPLE:
        In many ways, we are like the buzzard, the bat, and the bumblebee. We
        struggle about with all our problems and frustrations, never
        realizing that all we have to do is look up!