Re: Breaking a negative pattern

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
      Great tips. Alanon says I can start my day over any time.

      Kelly
      --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "personaldevelopmentfm"
      <personaldevelopment.fm@...> wrote:

      > Sometimes when I notice that I'm heading into a negative spin I have
      > several things that I do to break this pattern at get myself into a
      > neutral state or even somewhat towards the positive.
      >
      > Some of the ways I do are:
      > 1) For ten minutes I watch the recording of my favorite football teams
      > winning. This was such a happy game that most of the time my mind
      > switches out of the funk.
      >
      > 2) By taking a short nap, I "restart" the day and usually get up from
      > the nap ready to tackle my TODO list.
      >
      > Anybody have other suggestions for breaking negative patterns?
      >
      > Andre

    • Kelly
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi Glenda,

        I believe in these divine interventions as well....

        Kelly
        --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, Glenda Long <glndlong@...>
        wrote:

        > Sometimes when I am feeling negative, I start thinking of my angels
        and how they watch over me--or things that have happened in the past
        that I know for sure turned out Okay because of Divine Intervention--One
        time I was going through a caution light in Tyler Texas where I always
        slowed down--but this time someone told me to Stop--and a huge truck
        came barreling through a red light 90 miles an hour--If I had just
        slowed down, like I always had done before--it would have hit the side
        of my car where I was driving and my son was sitting in the back
        seat.--Someone watches over us--I know that is true--once I heard a
        strong voice tell me to get up immediately!!!to go check on my son--I
        got up and went in his room . I found him headed straight toward an
        electrical socket with a key. He was just a toddler--Yes--someone
        watches out for us --angels-- God, loved ones or someone. I have seen
        things like that happen too many times!!
        > Glenda
        >
        > personaldevelopmentfm personaldevelopment.fm@... wrote:
        > Sometimes when I notice that I'm heading into a negative spin I have
        > several things that I do to break this pattern at get myself into a
        > neutral state or even somewhat towards the positive.
        >
        > Some of the ways I do are:
        > 1) For ten minutes I watch the recording of my favorite football teams
        > winning. This was such a happy game that most of the time my mind
        > switches out of the funk.
        >
        > 2) By taking a short nap, I "restart" the day and usually get up from
        > the nap ready to tackle my TODO list.
        >
        > Anybody have other suggestions for breaking negative patterns?
        >
        > Andre

      • Glenda Long
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
          They can be life-changing!! Amazing!!Gives me hope for the days to come...
          Glenda

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 5, 2007
            Snap a rubber band on your wrist when you notice a negative thought.

            Kelly
            --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly"
            <idealsummerluv@...> wrote:

            > Great tips. Alanon says I can start my day over any time.
            >
            > Kelly
            > --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "personaldevelopmentfm"
            > personaldevelopment.fm@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Sometimes when I notice that I'm heading into a negative spin I have
            > > several things that I do to break this pattern at get myself into a
            > > neutral state or even somewhat towards the positive.
            > >
            > > Some of the ways I do are:
            > > 1) For ten minutes I watch the recording of my favorite football
            teams
            > > winning. This was such a happy game that most of the time my mind
            > > switches out of the funk.
            > >
            > > 2) By taking a short nap, I "restart" the day and usually get up
            from
            > > the nap ready to tackle my TODO list.
            > >
            > > Anybody have other suggestions for breaking negative patterns?
            > >
            > > Andre

          • Glenda Long
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 5, 2007
              My sister's doctor told her the same thing!!

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 5, 2007
                Kelly,

                This is a great idea!!

                Jaime