Anxiety

  • rocky_204
    Message 1 of 72 , Jul 31, 2006
      I am having a terrible problem with anxiety these days. It seems as
      though not a day goes by that I don't have an attack of some sort.
      Usually I find it hard to breathe, and it lasts for about ten to
      fiteen minutes. I'm a 47 y.o. male and I've had problems with anxiety
      all my adult life, but not at the rate that I've been having it
      lately. I don't want to go on drugs to fix this, but it seems like
      that's the only solution. I have a doctor's appt. on Friday to get
      something for this. I've tried aromatherapy and herbal teas and
      relaxation CDs, but nothing seems to help.
    • katie roberts
      Message 72 of 72 , Aug 4, 2006
        I think a lot of the "arguing" here is along the lines
        of Brooke Shields and Tom Cruise kind of stuff..
        What I see people saying is sometimes "experts" (who
        NEvER had the problem) give "remedies" that they were
        taught would help, but they don't have the experience.
        And if you haven't experienced it, well, you really
        don't know.
        Like people who don't have kids, tell parents how to
        raise their kids!!! LOL!
        But it isn't anything to get mad/nasty about.
        We ALL do it people...
        I had anxiety sooooo bad (and I still get it) that I
        needed Xanax to calm it down to get to do the
        breathing/calming excersies to CALM the anxiety down.
        You have to stop the pain to heal the pain.
        Then you can do fish oil, acupunture, acupressure, or
        whatever works for YOU to deal with it.
        I just wish someone had told me the man meds were
        ADDICTIVE..yeah, I had to wean and it wasn't pretty.
        So, it may be ok for a while, then do what it
        takes...it is mainly learning to deal with stress and
        you can NOT get away from stress and tension...you
        have to learn to DEAL with it...
        and it takes a LONG time...and it goes on ALL your
        life, cos that is the way life is!
        And you DO learn..
        I still have episodes..
        Caffeine is a BIG NO NO too...and it is still hard for
        me to give it up....I LOVE CHOCOLATE!
        But you get off a while (wean off)and you can have a
        LITTLE sometimes...
        Let's be gentle to each other and help..
        Life is tough enough..
        LOVE YOU ALL...
        GOD BLESS (Yeah..HE is a big helping Factor too!!!)

        http://mail.yahoo.com