Re: [ACWDYG ] GOD

  • Linda Haddock
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30, 2005
      Susan: thanks for your input. That was great! What is pranic meditation? Haven't of it before. There's probably books on it. I try to meditate, but I can't seem to concentrate enough. I probably don't understand it enough. Any input is appreciated. Linda

      suzanne martlew <mrtlwsznn@...> wrote:Hi Linda

      I am 25 and when I was younger my family all went to a Catholic church, but somehow I never really felt I belonged there. It wasn't that I didn't believe in a god as such, but more I needed to find my own spirituality that cannot be taught through a book or a priest.

      For the past few years I have been meditating, the meditation I do is a self healing/world meditation known as pranic healing. Over these years I have become connected with a divine power and have a much stronger belief in a higher power/being.

      I don't feel I have to be part of any religion because religion is only one form of Spirituality, but without the true belief, which often comes from within spirituality cannot truly flourish.

      Rick Peay <rick_peay49@...> wrote:
      Linda... The answer to your questions is yes....and sometimes this reality bothers some people who would like to capsulate the "Divine Life" into a set form of beliefs that are true for everyone. This is not to say that the Divine Life can't be found in church .Nor is it to say that the Divine life can be found only outside of any and all spritual practises.My point is that we all have within us and without us something very beautiful loving and true. We all have a certain destiny and occupation which is found in what we Love most. We are all aspects of One whole like the facets of one diamond. The Divine Life is more realized when we fullfil our assignment in consciousness. Which is to say be ourselves. Not all of us can be kings.Nor can all of us be servants. Neither of us is in reality lessor or greater. We each have respective roles to play in this drama called life that are meant to help us to develope and evolve into more loving beings.We need one another and are interdependent
      in this eternal quest. We need struggles.
      We need enemies. We need religions etc. etc....Why ?...There is no definable reality or cause without the appearence of opposites. There is no value or meaning to courage without fear. Does that make sence? However this not to say that there is no "right" way or that evil is acceptable. It is to say that you know within yourself what you're here for and you know what your assignment is in consciousness is. When you are true to that calling you experience the"Dvine Life" How others experience you or rate you is of no great consequence. How you rate you is of the most serious concerns.

      The Vendantist

      Linda Haddock <maylincar23@...> wrote:
      Rick: you really have a great vision of how to live and think. If a person lives the "Divine Life", do you think one can live this way without going to church. What I'm getting at is this. I see a lot of folks who go to church that do not really practice these life situations that you speak about (not everyone). I know some who live good honest and loving lives who don't go to church. Here's my question " can someone live a Divine Life without going to church and still have an eternal life with God? Linda

      Rick Peay <rick_peay49@...> wrote:
      Everything about us including our life situation is a reflection of how we think and live.We must take responsibility for our lives if we are ever going to manifest the "Divine Life". This means loving and embracing the people and things that our past choises have brought into our present lie situation. It does no good to blame others for what's wrong with us for that is to paint ourselves as the helpless victum for which we are not. And even should we be an innocent victum, to engage in useless self pity , does no good. Learn to forgive and recognize that you still have alot to be thankful for. Trials and suffering can make you into a truly beautiful person.People with evrything handed to them often have no ability to display compassion and empathy to others and are often very selfish. This does not mean that everything falls upon you when there are difficult times.No...There is all of "consciousness" which is to say God. Now if you can see God in it,.....no matter what it is....or
      how horrible it is..you'll find truth. And if you stop trying to control "God" or "consciousness" and release your will to the"DivineWill"you will experience the "DivineLife"...... which is to say Love....which is to say.....God.......which is to say ...all that is good

      tapan niyogi <doctorniyogi@...> wrote:Here in this world we all try to find out God and for searching Him we all go to different places like church, temple,mosques,pilgrims etc, but we all ignore one thing
      that GOD is lying within us,in each of us.
      None of us are devil or Satan,only the circumstances lead us to be Badman.
      If we behave in a good way with other it is definite that we are going to get a good result in return.
      If man gets proper human behaviour from others then in the long run he will behave in a proper human fashion may be he a hardcore criminal or a pimp by nature.
      Tapan
      doctorniyogi@...

      tkniyogi

    • suzanne martlew
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2005
        Hi Linda

        The good thing about the pranic meditation is it's a guided meditation where someone actually takes you through it, so you actually have something to focus your attention on!!
        I have tried a few types of meditation where there is just music, but I always find my mind wandering to 'what do I have to do today' etc etc...

        The meditation is actually called 'meditation on twin hearts' I am in australia, so depending on where you are, if you look up the internet for pranic healing centres you will probable be be able to purchase the cd via the internet or in Australia every new moon and full moon there is a group meditation, so i'm sure it would be the same elsewhere.

        Hope this helps, Suzanne

          Message 4 of 12 , May 5, 2005
            Hi Linda.............Just a quick note to say thanks for your input and spiritual insight we all have a way of helping eachother dont we? The subject of god is indeed a controvercial one and yet by disscusssing it we get in touch with our purpose here
            thanks again

            Rick.................The Vendantist

              Message 6 of 12 , May 9, 2005
                Hi Rick: I'm just getting caught up on my messages. Thank you for the response. I still work on what my purpose in life is, in fact, I'm reading "Purpose Drive Life" by Roger Warren. Not sure about the first name, but this is a really neat book. I recommend it to anyone. Linda

                Rick Peay <rick_peay49@...> wrote:Hi Linda.............Just a quick note to say thanks for your input and spiritual insight we all have a way of helping eachother dont we? The subject of god is indeed a controvercial one and yet by disscusssing it we get in touch with our purpose here
                thanks again

                Rick.................The Vendantist