Re: Aceprom

  • dikla@gmx.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hello AEC-Friends,

      I had several problems with programming the ACE1101
      in a programmer, that was based on the schematic of
      Jens Hildebrand (witch I had modified).
      The problems were caused by a short spike
      when the 12V pulse on the 'Loadpin' dropped down to
      5V. So the internal counter of the ACE was in an
      incorrect state and the Ack of the ACE was not asserted.
      Placing a 100pF C form the 'Loadpin' to 'GND-Pin'
      direktly at the ACE1101 solved this problem.

      Good for you,

      regards
      Dieter

    • Sebastian Valouch
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2001
        Hi Dieter,

        thanks for the tip, just soldering the capacitors. You mentioned that
        you modified the schematic. Was the 100 pF cap the only change?

        CU, by Seb im Web

      • dikla@gmx.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2001
          Hi Sebastian,

          I was out of the office the last days, sorry for waiting for
          the answer.
          I did not use a chargepump in my schematic, because I have
          an 24V supply. The different voltages are generated by
          a simple transistor (BC546, ...) a 5V6 Z-Diode, a 12V Z-Diode in
          series with a BAV 20. These diodes are switched by 2 BC546 to
          GND. The 74126 was replaced by a 74hc240.

          !!!! Attention!!!
          The 100pF-C (see below) has to be placed for the !!Clk-Pin!!
          to GND, sorry! I hope you didn't spent so much time on
          debugging!

          When I have a pdf-file of the schematic, I will send it
          to you.

          regards

          Dieter

          --- In acex-users@y..., Sebastian Valouch <valouch@z...> wrote:
          > Hi Dieter,
          >

          > thanks for the tip, just soldering the capacitors. You mentioned
          that
          > you modified the schematic. Was the 100 pF cap the only change?
          >
          > CU, by Seb im Web
          >
          > dikla@g... wrote:
          >
          > > Hello AEC-Friends,
          > >
          > > I had several problems with programming the ACE1101
          > > in a programmer, that was based on the schematic of
          > > Jens Hildebrand (witch I had modified).
          > > The problems were caused by a short spike
          > > when the 12V pulse on the 'Loadpin' dropped down to
          > > 5V. So the internal counter of the ACE was in an
          > > incorrect state and the Ack of the ACE was not asserted.
          > > Placing a 100pF C form the 'Loadpin' to 'GND-Pin'
          > > direktly at the ACE1101 solved this problem.
          > >
          > > Good for you,
          > >
          > > regards
          > > Dieter
        • Graham Stabler
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 15, 2001
            >When I have a pdf-file of the schematic, I will send >it to you.

            Perhaps you could add it to the files section of the groups website?

            bye

            Graham
          • Sebastian Valouch
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 29, 2001
              Hi, my ACEPROM works finally with the mentioned 100 pF from Clk to GND.
              Thanks everyone.

              BTW: The 74xx126 is hard to get in SMD. I'm about to make a new layout
              (with eagle) of the aceprom in the new year, any things you want me to
              add? Maybe one could try to power it directly from the parallelport, has
              anyone tried?

              CU, by Seb im Web

              PS: Happy, peaceful new year!