ACE1202_2

  • Fredric White
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2001
      Just thought I'd mention that there's a newish ACE1202 datasheet on
      Fairchild's website, which mentions an ACE1202_2 variant with a
      "hardware bit coder" peripheral. I would have preferred a UART, but
      it's nice to see any sort of action on these chips.

      http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/AC/ACE1202.pdf

      Fredric
    • lev@oduurl.ru
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2001
        --- In acex-users@y..., Fredric White <fwhite@p...> wrote:
        > Just thought I'd mention that there's a newish ACE1202 datasheet on
        > Fairchild's website, which mentions an ACE1202_2 variant with a
        > "hardware bit coder" peripheral. I would have preferred a UART, but
        > it's nice to see any sort of action on these chips.
        >
        > http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/AC/ACE1202.pdf
        >
        > Fredric

        And now, have you any real experience with these new
        features? Also I'm very interesting about *real*
        availability of these chips from local distributors...

        Ilja
      • Fredric White
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 20, 2001
          Those that like the ACE just for its small size may be interested in
          the recently announced Cygnal P8051F300, an 8051 variant in a 3x3mm
          package. This makes it now the smallest available microcontroller
          (well, available in October they say):

          http://cygnal.com/about/news_f300.htm

          I'm no fan of 8051's, but this looks like a neat chip, with 8kB flash,
          256B RAM, UART, I2C ADC, in-circuit debugging, and a 2% accurate
          internal oscillator. Downsides are the price ($10/ea in small
          quantites!) and the 5mA current draw due to the 25Mhz internal
          oscillator.

          Of course, Fairchild could regain the crown if they released an
          ACE1101 in a similar chip-scale package.

          Fredric

          To lev@...: I don't know any more about the ACE1202_2 than
          what's in the datasheet.
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 21, 2001
            At 12:05 PM 20/9/2001 -0400, Fredric White <fwhite@...> wrote:
            >Those that like the ACE just for its small size may be interested in
            >the recently announced Cygnal P8051F300, an 8051 variant in a 3x3mm
            >package. This makes it now the smallest available microcontroller
            >(well, available in October they say):
            >
            > http://cygnal.com/about/news_f300.htm

            Tah Fredric,

            WHat an interesting device - super fast toooo, I have heaps of
            8051 code for all sorts of apps, I'll see who the Aust agent is,

            tah

            Kind Regards ~`:o)

            Mike Massen
            Network Power Systems
            Perth, Western Australia Ph/Fx +61 8 9444 8961

            Power system in Jungle, Twin tyre car, Differential gauge
            http://members.iinet.net.au/~erazmus/index.html

            Some say there is no magic but, all things begin with thought then it becomes
            academic, then some poor slob works out a practical way to implement all that
            theory, this is called Engineering - for most people another form of magic.
          • gk
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 29, 2001
              hello friends

              now where we know the smallest MCU we should search for a supplier. did anybody found already a place where to buy this MCU.
              i live in germany and i want to buy it. the maximal Qty. i can afford is about 100 plus the IDE.

              georg, still working around with Atmel

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2001
                gk writes:
                > now where we know the smallest MCU we should search for a
                > supplier. did anybody found already a place where to buy this MCU.

                According to Cygnal's web site, you will be able to buy it directly
                from them after Oct 1.: http://cygnal.com/shop/buyonline.htm

                No idea whether they would ship to Germany.

                Fredric
              • Fredric White
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 29, 2001
                  I've been told by Fairchild that an ACE1101 in a chip-scale package
                  was indeed a product, although it may not be currently available. If
                  anyone is interested, you should contact Fairchild directly.

                  Anyways, the chip is about 3x2mm (2.98x1.91mm), which makes it 33%
                  smaller than the Cygnal chip.

                  Fredric