UK Fund Prices

  • Matthew Watkins
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2010
      hi

      i am also having the same issue, with UK funds. Been with AceMnoney for a number of years and this issue for me started around xmas time. i have looked several times into the matter, but just cant see why it doest work anymore. The Symbols i am using can be found if you search for them in MS Money UK, Google etc, but the download fails. an example for me is: GB0001036531GBP - Legal & General UK Index Trust (R) Acc...

      Matthew

    • asimanov
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
        Matthew,

        > i am also having the same issue, with UK funds. Been with AceMnoney
        > for a number of years and this issue for me started around xmas time.
        > i have looked several times into the matter, but just cant see why it
        > doest work anymore. The Symbols i am using can be found if you search
        > for them in MS Money UK, Google etc, but the download fails. an
        > example for me is: GB0001036531GBP - Legal & General UK Index Trust
        > (R) Acc...

        I cannot find the above mentioned GB0001036531GBP neither on MS Money UK, nor on Google. Could you please post links to pages with this investment, so that we could look further into this?

        Thanks!
        Alex.
      • george.bain103
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
          I emailed Yahoo UK about UKfund prices and they stated that they do not provide them at present. Looks like we need another site to download from as Google does not work for the majority of the funds.

          --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "asimanov" <acemoney@...> wrote:

          > Matthew,
          >
          > > i am also having the same issue, with UK funds. Been with AceMnoney
          > > for a number of years and this issue for me started around xmas time.
          > > i have looked several times into the matter, but just cant see why it
          > > doest work anymore. The Symbols i am using can be found if you search
          > > for them in MS Money UK, Google etc, but the download fails. an
          > > example for me is: GB0001036531GBP - Legal & General UK Index Trust
          > > (R) Acc...
          >
          > I cannot find the above mentioned GB0001036531GBP neither on MS Money UK, nor on Google. Could you please post links to pages with this investment, so that we could look further into this?
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Alex.

        • KIM BANG-SORENSEN
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010

            Hi,

            Try to delete the last digit in the code so it looks like GB000103653  and use MSN Money UK to download prices.

            You'll need to to tick "Divide downloaded quote by 100".

            That will work.

            Cheers from another very satisfied Acemoney user.

            Kim

            I emailed Yahoo UK about UKfund prices and they stated that they do not provide them at present. Looks like we need another site to download from as Google does not work for the majority of the funds.

            --- In acemoney@yahoogroup s.com, "asimanov" <acemoney@.. .> wrote:

            > Matthew,
            >
            > > i am also having the same issue, with UK funds. Been with AceMnoney
            > > for a number of years and this issue for me started around xmas time.
            > > i have looked several times into the matter, but just cant see why it
            > > doest work anymore. The Symbols i am using can be found if you search
            > > for them in MS Money UK, Google etc, but the download fails. an
            > > example for me is: GB0001036531GBP - Legal & General UK Index Trust
            > > (R) Acc...
            >
            > I cannot find the above mentioned GB0001036531GBP neither on MS Money UK, nor on Google. Could you please post links to pages with this investment, so that we could look further into this?
            >
            > Thanks!
            > Alex.

          • Matthew Watkins
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2010
              I have just Googled GB0001036531 and it has bought up some results. One of which points to Google Finance. If you click on the link it takes into a specific Google Finance UK Legal and General page which has all the information about the fund, but has absolutely no prices on it at all.... When this symbol is entered along with Google Finance in the data source field, and Download is clicked, the share price it successfully brings back is zero.

              i also have a AXA Framlington Global Tech fund that also has the same result.

              Matthew