Stock Options

  • StuMon
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2008
      I trade Stock Options. When you are making the changes to fix the
      updating of the prices from Yahoo please check that option tickers
      also are updated. Not sure if that will automatically happen or if
      another tweak needs to be added. - Stu
    • barronedward
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2009
        Having trouble figuring out how to track Employee Stock Options. Is there a tutorial/link somwhere?
      • MechCAD Software
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2009
          Hello,

          > Having trouble figuring out how to track Employee Stock Options.
          > Is there a tutorial/link somwhere?

          AceMoney doesn't provide a direct way to record options and check vesting numbers, but it is possible to track current market value of the options. Create a new account, call it Employee Stock Options. Go to the Portfolio page, add options stock as a new investment if it's not already there. Download market price. Click on Investment transactions tab and record Buy shares transaction for the total number of your options by the granted price. Make sure that "Add value of investment to account balance" is checked in Tools->Options. Go back to the accounts page. Balance of the new account should reflect the current value of your options.

          Alex
          MechCAD Software
        • exspextations
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2011
            I've just transferred from MS Money and I'm struggling with this solution. While a stock option can be added this way, this will give an incorrect indication of the value of the option as the real value is the difference between the grant and current / exercise price.

            The Portfolio view shows the correct gain, but the investment account shows an incorrect (negative) value based on the grant price - this balances out when the option is exercised, but until this happens the account balance is incorrect.

            Surely it can't be too difficult to program the correct handling of options and, as these are a common form of remuneration, one that is important to be managed via a 'work round' that shows incorrect account values.

            Exspextations