Importing Amex transactions? How to download?

  • nettsr
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
      AceMoney looks like a great system. It took me no time to get my
      Quicken data imported and the program set up how I like.

      Downloading my bank transactions are simple. The bank lets me download
      QFX and OFX files.

      My problem is that we also have an American Express card. I don't see
      anywhere on their website to download my transactions. Is this even
      possible?

      I *REALLY* don't want to deal with the junk that is Quicken 2008!!!
    • MechCAD Software
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
        Hi!

        Even though AmEx just redesigned their web site, they kept an option
        to download statements. Go to "Recent activity" and search for
        "Download card activity" link at the top of the page, right next to
        the form where you specify range of transactions. It will ask you what
        format you want to download, select MS Money or Quicken since AceMoney
        understands both. Then follow the instructions.

        If AceMoneyImporter.exe is set as a default handler of ofx/qif/qfx/ofc
        files, then once the browser shows you a file download dialog, select
        Open and AceMoney would be launched or activated and would
        automatically import the transactions.

        Otherwise just save a file on a hard drive, launch AceMoney and import
        using File->Import.

        Thank you,

        Alex Simanov
        MechCAD Software.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
          --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "MechCAD Software" <acemoney@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > Even though AmEx just redesigned their web site, they kept an option
          > to download statements. Go to "Recent activity" and search for
          > "Download card activity" link at the top of the page, right next to
          > the form where you specify range of transactions. It will ask you what
          > format you want to download, select MS Money or Quicken since AceMoney
          > understands both. Then follow the instructions.

          Yay! :)

          I don't know why I missed it before, but it worked great!

          Thanks!