format of bank transactions import files

  • avi_bachar
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2007
      Banks in Israel do not provide any of the files that the system expect
      is it possible to get from you the expected file format so that I will
      create a convertor from the simple XLS file provided by the bank into
      one of these formats?

      Thanks
      Avi
    • avi_bachar
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
        Hey Guys

        any suggestion to my problem?

        Thanks
        Avi

        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "avi_bachar" <avi.bachar@...> wrote:

        > Banks in Israel do not provide any of the files that the system expect
        > is it possible to get from you the expected file format so that I
        will
        > create a convertor from the simple XLS file provided by the bank into
        > one of these formats?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Avi

      • staceydunk2004
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
          --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "avi_bachar" <avi.bachar@...> wrote:

          > Hey Guys
          >
          > any suggestion to my problem?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Avi
          >
          > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "avi_bachar" <avi.bachar@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Banks in Israel do not provide any of the files that the system expect
          > > is it possible to get from you the expected file format so that I
          > will
          > > create a convertor from the simple XLS file provided by the bank into
          > > one of these formats?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Avi

          Hi Avi,
          If you can save your spreadsheet (xls) file in CSV format, then it
          might be possible to use the MT2OFX program to convert the data into
          an OFX file, recognisable by AceMoney.

          The program can be found at www.mt2ofx.tk

          Hope that helps.
          Stace
        • Eric Weir
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
            I was shocked to find today that I had nearly overdrawn my checking
            account. In going back over my AceMoney records and comparing them with
            the bank's, I found five transactions that had cleared in
            reconciliations over the last three months that were missing from my
            AceMoney records.

            It's not uncommon to find that I've failed to record a transaction or
            two each month, but after the monthly reconciliation everything is up to
            date. I do not know how to account for this.

            I suppose it could be chalked up to stupidity, but that hasn't caused
            any problems in the past.

            Anybody got any other suggestions? Something I'm doing or not doing?

            Thanks,
            Eric Weir
            Decatur, GA USA
            eeweir@...
          • ju_wills
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
              --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "staceydunk2004" <staceydunk@...> wrote:
              > > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "avi_bachar" <avi.bachar@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Banks in Israel do not provide any of the files that the system
              expect ...

              > Hi Avi,
              > If you can save your spreadsheet (xls) file in CSV format, then it
              > might be possible to use the MT2OFX program to convert the data into
              > an OFX file, recognisable by AceMoney.
              >
              > The program can be found at www.mt2ofx.tk
              >
              > Hope that helps.
              > Stace

              To add to this information, my own bank only provides downloads in CSV
              format for my bank account and credit card account (although I'm
              trying to get them to offer QIF/OFX, as they DO offer the option to
              integrate directly with M$Money ... grrrr!)

              I found that MT2OFX looked a bit daunting at first, but when I
              contacted the author for help and supplied a copy of a typical CSV
              file for each type of account (i.e. something that included at least
              one of all of the types of transactions I'd download), I found him very
              helpful, both in coming up with the conversion file very quickly and
              with helping me to set up MT2OFX in the first place.

              Now it just works :-D

              Regards
              Julie
            • avi_bachar
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
                Thanks
                I have downloaded the application and will investigate its use

                Avi