RE: [acemoney] Re: A simple suggestion regarding scheduled payments.

  • Gmail
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 13, 2007

      Julie, You’re missing the point.  They don’t match ‘automatically’ because they are, for example, different amounts/dates, etc….  Read the messages before replying….  People just need to delete the greyed one without having the whole schedule deleted.

      Max

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 14, 2007
        Thanks again for the reply Julie.

        > In that case, perhaps a disappearing scheduled approximation is the
        > answer to your dreams.

        It is *exactly* what I would like; a thing of dreams indeed!! Not sure
        if you work at MechCad, but if you do I would very much appreciate
        your raising awareness of this point.

        > In the meantime, automatically entering your expected bills and
        > manually deleting them when you get the real ones is the
        > least-overhead option available. You could always identify the
        > approximations for easy deletion by putting a few asterisks or other
        > easily identifiable character at the start of the description to make
        > them easy to spot.

        Funny how you suggested this - it is exactly what I have done as a
        workaround - I prefix every scheduled payment's description field with
        an asterisk and this shows up once the date has passed, so when I find
        a matching statement entry, I can delete the asterisked entry. It's
        another example of how you can make this program work for you, but the
        aforementioned idea would be a very welcome implementation.

        For now, thanks again for your time and responses.

        Andrew

        > Julie
        >
        > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "andrewvevers" <drewsta71@> wrote:
        > > For example, a phone bill can vary month to month and so can the date
        > > of the payment taken. I might have a recurring schedule in AceMoney
        > > called "Phone bill" which is taken every four weeks, for an
        > > approximate amount of 30UKP (all my schedule amounts for "varying
        > > bills" are approximate).

      • epgranja
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 15, 2007
          Quite close, max.wanadoo.
          But wouldn't it be nice if Acemoney could point to those transactions
          and ask:
          Can Acemoney merge those two? They look similar.
          Then, if you agree, it would also copy any missing fields from one to
          the other.

          Thanks for your suggestion.
          But I hope Acemoney will improve beyond that.

          Edson
        • Gmail
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 15, 2007

            Yes it would, but I would be happy if it just deleted the entry without deleting the complete scheduled payment.

            At the moment, I find it very difficult (for the reasons outlined previously) to maintain these payment which differ month on month.  Some of the scheduled payment only differ by a date  or a small amount (‘cos the dates are dependent on Direct Debit payment which change depending on the date the  company puts them through) or the amounts change (‘cos the amount varies dependent upon the actual usage = eg Telephone bills).

            With respect, your solution would be more trouble than what it is worth (sorry  to sound harsh about this), but how would a program differential between  fields – which field to prompt for etc.  I program for a living…that is what I do….I would not want to go your route, but a simple “don’t delete a scheduled payment because a “greyed” entry was deleted, would be very easy.

            Max