Re: Using the program a bit differently.. but still wondered....

  • sumpteretc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2007
      I don't see any reason why you couldn't work it that way.

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "tplesums" <tplesums@...> wrote:

      > Okay, this is what I want to do..
      >
      > Using this software as the Treasurer for our local Boy Scouts Troop,
      > I'd like to set up two accounts for normal banking and checking. And
      > then ha ve sub-accounts (one for each boy) so I can get reports on
      > their account balances as well as the Troops current balance. I'd like
      > to know if this is possible.
      >
      > Funds would be deposited and withdrawn from the main checking &
      > savings accounts, but the individual ones there is no "real" monies
      > moving. The boys earn money at various events and I credit their
      > person accounts, even though the deposit is in the checking / savings
      > account.
      >
      > Any help..?

    • Tom Holden VE3MEO
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2007
        There are a few approaches to this.

        1. Common AceMoney MMW Document for Troop and Boys

        a) Set up boy accounts (they are not sub-accounts as AceMoney does not
        support same) and transfer amounts from troop account(s) to/from boy
        accounts.

        OR

        b) Set up a category or sub-category for each boy and split amounts in
        troop account(s) among the boy categories

        OR

        c) If the idea is to track just each boy's fundraising, then list each
        boy as a Payee and run Report by Payee.

        2. Separate AceMoney MMW Documents for Troop and Boy

        Set up boy accounts (or fund-raising accounts with boy categories or
        Payees) in a separate AceMoney MMW document file.

        The advantage of #1 is that boy accounts, categories or payees are
        automatically accounted for within the troop accounts. The disadvantage
        is that reporting may be complicated by the many boy accounts,
        categories or payees. For #2, troop reporting is simplified but
        transfers are more complicated; this may be minor if it involves just a
        small number of fundraising accounts.
      • tplesums
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
          Thanks I will give those a try.

          Mainly, there is no money ever changing hands with the boys, it's just
          a tracking system to let them know what they each have in their
          accounts, as well as give them (or their parents) an idea where the
          money is going and coming from (events..)

          thanks...

          --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Holden VE3MEO"