Re: Invalid date in the file. The date will be set to 1971!

  • Dan Pizzolato
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2007
      I can not find any .bak or .mmw files. This is probably due to the
      fact that I never initiated the backups. I am new to this money
      management software idea. Luckly, I can recover my credit card
      statements and 60 days worth of online banking. The only thing I
      really lost was my spending cash account. I have only been doing
      this for three months. I have learned now, and have set the software
      to backup every day. Thanks for your help, but I guess I am S.O.L.

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "MechCAD Software" <acemoney@...>
      wrote:

      > Dan,
      >
      > > How do you use the last backup? When I go to Tools, Backup, I
      get
      > > another error message, "AceMoney has encountered a problem and
      needs
      > > to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And then the
      > > program shuts down. How do I get the backup?
      >
      > Apparently the reason of that error is your corrupted file. Try to
      > open a folder containing backup files, rename .bak file to .mmw and
      > open it with AceMoney. You should have chosen backup directory when
      > you performed your first backup.
      >
      > Unfortunately if you don't remember when you ran backup or did not
      > configure AceMoney to perform backups automatically, most likely you
      > do not have a backup file created by AceMoney. In this case your
      only
      > hope is your own personal backup.
      >
      > Financial information is very important, you must backup frequently!
      >
      > Alex Simanov
      > MechCAD Software.

    • Remy Lebeau
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 9, 2007
        On Thu Mar 8, 2007 8:05 pm (PST), MechCAD Software
        <acemoney@...> wrote:

        > You should have chosen backup directory when
        > you performed your first backup.

        If you chose a directory that does not exist, AceMoney
        will display an error message instead of creating the
        new directory.

        Be a PS3 game guru.