Re: When updating or downloading and there is a error, not able to know why!

  • Remy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30 7:26 PM
      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Kevin <kzibart@...> wrote:

      > If I understand correctly, you're saying that when you download activity,
      > the download fails and the pop-up box goes away too quickly to be able to
      > click to see what happened? If so, there's a check box at the bottom of
      > the pop-up box that says "automatically close when finished" or something
      > like that. Uncheck that as soon as the pop-up appears when downloading
      > transactions, and then the pop-up box will stick around after the failure
      > until you close it manually. This will allow you to click the failure to
      > see the details.

      I leave that checkbox unchecked at all times. You never know when an error will occur. That checkbox is not much help. I would like to see MechCAD change the behavior to "automatically close when finished ... IF THERE IS NO ERROR!" instead. That would be more useful. The dialog can auto-close when things run fine under normal situations, but stay open for troubleshooting (and provide MUCH better error reporting) when things go wrong.
    • David Polister
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30 10:02 PM
        Seems like a worthy suggestion to me. Why don't you request it formally on
        their website?

        --
        David N. Polister

      • Remy
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2012
          --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, David Polister <dave.polister@...> wrote:

          > Seems like a worthy suggestion to me. Why don't you request it formally on
          > their website?

          Done.
        • James Frederick
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2012