Re: When updating or downloading and there is a error, not able to know why!

  • nick.clarke37
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29 8:34 AM
      Have a look in the "AceMoney-yyyy-mm.log" file in your windows temp folder. This may give a clue. The Importer file is worth checking for import issues.

      Nick.

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "drj_needhelp" <drjrfrederick@...> wrote:

      > When downloading or updating and it is says "failed", and it says to (click to see why). The message disappears quickly and I try clicking and nothing happens.
      >
      > I was successful before with a direct download or update from the account. The download or update was from Wells Fargo Bank and I see that they have a fee for being able to download accounts. Fortunately for them, there is money in the account for them to make more profit.
      > :-)
      >
      > I have the programs set to automatically check for updates. Using 64 bit HP laptop with Windows 7.

    • Remy
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30 7:26 PM
        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Kevin <kzibart@...> wrote:

        > If I understand correctly, you're saying that when you download activity,
        > the download fails and the pop-up box goes away too quickly to be able to
        > click to see what happened? If so, there's a check box at the bottom of
        > the pop-up box that says "automatically close when finished" or something
        > like that. Uncheck that as soon as the pop-up appears when downloading
        > transactions, and then the pop-up box will stick around after the failure
        > until you close it manually. This will allow you to click the failure to
        > see the details.

        I leave that checkbox unchecked at all times. You never know when an error will occur. That checkbox is not much help. I would like to see MechCAD change the behavior to "automatically close when finished ... IF THERE IS NO ERROR!" instead. That would be more useful. The dialog can auto-close when things run fine under normal situations, but stay open for troubleshooting (and provide MUCH better error reporting) when things go wrong.
      • David Polister
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30 10:02 PM
          Seems like a worthy suggestion to me. Why don't you request it formally on
          their website?

          --
          David N. Polister

        • Remy
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2012
            --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, David Polister <dave.polister@...> wrote:

            > Seems like a worthy suggestion to me. Why don't you request it formally on
            > their website?

            Done.
          • James Frederick
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2012