Re: Left Menu Not Visible When Viewing Transactions of a Selected Account

  • JuWlz
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29 12:55 AM
      Hi Alex

      This had me fooled too recently, and it took me a long time to work out how to switch the side panel back on because access to the option is not in an obvious place.

      It's not very intuitive to right click on a transaction to do something that affects the entire page. Right clicking on a transaction should allow you to do things to that particular transaction.

      It would make much more sense to put the Display Side Panel setting in the View menu.

      Julie

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "alexp_mechcad" <alexp@...> wrote:

      > Just right click on any transaction (or empty row) and select 'Display side panel'
      >
      > Regards,
      > Alex P
      > MechCAD Software
      >
      > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "drj_needhelp" <drjrfrederick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It was visible when I started setting up my accounts. Now when I select an account I only see the transactions.
      > >
      > > When I am viewing account the left menu shows up.
      > >
      > > At one time I think I was able to turn the left menu off and on.
      > >
      > > I was very pleased with the program until this happened and now I do not see now I can use it effectively.
      > >
      > > I downloaded accounts and I think installed an update when this disaster happened to me.
      > >
      > > I have the program installed on a 64 bit HP Laptop, Windows 7,

    • JuWlz
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29 12:57 AM
        ... and/or have a clickable arrow on the left of the page to allow the side panel to be shown or hidden.

        Julie

        --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "JuWlz" <julie.wills@...> wrote:

        > Hi Alex
        >
        > This had me fooled too recently, and it took me a long time to work out how to switch the side panel back on because access to the option is not in an obvious place.
        >
        > It's not very intuitive to right click on a transaction to do something that affects the entire page. Right clicking on a transaction should allow you to do things to that particular transaction.
        >
        > It would make much more sense to put the Display Side Panel setting in the View menu.
        >
        > Julie
        >
        > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "alexp_mechcad" <alexp@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Just right click on any transaction (or empty row) and select 'Display side panel'
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Alex P
        > > MechCAD Software
        > >
        > > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "drj_needhelp" <drjrfrederick@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > It was visible when I started setting up my accounts. Now when I select an account I only see the transactions.
        > > >
        > > > When I am viewing account the left menu shows up.
        > > >
        > > > At one time I think I was able to turn the left menu off and on.
        > > >
        > > > I was very pleased with the program until this happened and now I do not see now I can use it effectively.
        > > >
        > > > I downloaded accounts and I think installed an update when this disaster happened to me.
        > > >
        > > > I have the program installed on a 64 bit HP Laptop, Windows 7,

      • Remy
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30 7:30 PM
          --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, "JuWlz" <julie.wills@...> wrote:

          > It would make much more sense to put the Display Side Panel setting in the View menu.

          Or put a small button in the corner with an arrow or other appropriate glyph on it.
        • alexp_mechcad
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2012
            We will make a change in the next release. Thank you all for the suggestions.

            Regards,
            Alex P.
            MechCAD Software