Re: good program

  • netmouser
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 28 4:30 PM
      Thomas - A good number of imported transactions do not have their categories (so the cats/subs are blank). There is no obvious reason - example, some cinema:sub trans are OK and other cinema:sub are not. That defeats my wish to try out the graphic reports for some additional reporting.

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Thomas van der Straten Waillet <tstraten@...> wrote:

      > Dear Netmouser
      > If you export only one account as .qif from acemoney that REFERENCE other
      > accounts, those transactions will not be taken by Money except when you
      > import the other account.
      > I suggest you export all your accounts in different .qif, then import them
      > THE MAJOR FIRST followed by the least important ones until you have every
      > .qif in msmoney
      >
      > If you wish, you can email me (my personal mail) the excel file (erasing
      > the values) and I'll try to figure
      > Best regards
      > Thomas
      >
      > 2012/4/28 netmouser <lindawebbie@...>
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Dang, Thomas, I hit a problem right away. I exported one AM bank account.
      > > In Excel all transactions are there. But the import to MS Money only
      > > brought over about 30 transactions. I have no clue, and the help is no
      > > help, as to why a limited number of transactions were imported, and on how
      > > to get the rest imported from that file (2 years worth).
      > >

      > > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Thomas van der Straten Waillet <tstraten@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > All right...
      > > > I quit drinking and stopped smoking, kept on with some hamburgers and
      > > once in a while organize a party for some friend.....
      > > > I cannot find Money Map, I'd love to have a look to compare.
      > > > You might be interested by Money Plus Sunset (absolutely free) from
      > > Microsoft.
      > > > It won't communicate with your bank, but you can import .qif and .ofx (I
      > > think .csv also) so lot of manual input is avoided. It has very good
      > > reporting and customization. You can create budgets also!
      > > > This might be your choice!
      > > > Regards
      > > > Thomas

      > > I have lots of software on my PC and I am just comparing the costs of those
      > > other programs to AM. For instance, I have a full budgeting program (that
      > > does much more than AM) called Money Map that I have been using for many
      > > years now. That program costs me $35 and it allows for installation on 2
      > > PCs at no additional costs.

      > > that I manage.

      > > hamburgers...... a month....

      > > program to manage checking accounts and I am finding it very useful. The
      > > version I am using is the Lite version which does all I need it to. I would
      > > gladly purchase the full version if the prize was less or if the license
      > > agreement would allow for use on more then one computer by the same user. I
      > > currently use AM Lite on my desktop and laptop with my data file in a
      > > Dropbox folder. Works great but I could not do that with the full version
      > > unless I purchased 2 licenses. Good as AM is, it is not good enough to pay
      > > $60 for 2 licenses.

    • Tom
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 28 8:44 PM
        Can u send me an example from first line of .qif to some ten or twenty transactions including the faulty some faulty ones? I remember having had some problems when I did that myself to try money plus sunset and having to edit the .qif files!
        Wipe the amounts or change them, I am not curious, or leave them (I am discreet!)
        Hope I can find the problem as before!
        Regards
        Thomas