Re: good program

  • netmouser
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 28 8:14 AM
      Dang, Thomas, I hit a problem right away. I exported one AM bank account. In Excel all transactions are there. But the import to MS Money only brought over about 30 transactions. I have no clue, and the help is no help, as to why a limited number of transactions were imported, and on how to get the rest imported from that file (2 years worth).

      --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Thomas van der Straten Waillet <tstraten@...> wrote:

      > All right...
      > I quit drinking and stopped smoking, kept on with some hamburgers and once in a while organize a party for some friend.....
      > I cannot find Money Map, I'd love to have a look to compare.
      > You might be interested by Money Plus Sunset (absolutely free) from Microsoft.
      > It won't communicate with your bank, but you can import .qif and .ofx (I think .csv also) so lot of manual input is avoided. It has very good reporting and customization. You can create budgets also!
      > This might be your choice!
      > Regards
      > Thomas
      >

      > El 27-04-2012, a las 11:35, "Hydroguy" <hydromagnet@...> escribió:
      >
      > > I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't eat hamburgers or go to parties. I have lots of software on my PC and I am just comparing the costs of those other programs to AM. For instance, I have a full budgeting program (that does much more than AM) called Money Map that I have been using for many years now. That program costs me $35 and it allows for installation on 2 PCs at no additional costs.
      > >
      > > Note, I use Money Map for my personal files, AM for an organization that I manage.
      > >
      > > --- In acemoney@yahoogroups.com, Thomas van der Straten Waillet <tstraten@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Well.....
      > > > How much do spend in beer, cigarettes, alcohol, parties, hamburgers...... a month....
      > > > How much VALUE do you give to a money SAVING program...
      > > > I don't follow your logic!
      > > > Regards
      > > > Thomas

    • netmouser
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 28 8:21 AM
        I should add that the exported AM file in Excel even has the scheduled payments that show in the account view. It has everything in the view.

        And the MS file looks like it is restricted to a statement's worth - from INTEREST PAID as the last March transaction through today (4/28). But nothing I see in Excel or AM indicates "a statement" so how did MS determine what to limit in the import from the file?

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 28 3:17 PM
          Dear Netmouser
          If you export only one account as .qif from acemoney that REFERENCE other
          accounts, those transactions will not be taken by Money except when you
          import the other account.
          I suggest you export all your accounts in different .qif, then import them
          THE MAJOR FIRST followed by the least important ones until you have every
          .qif in msmoney

          If you wish, you can email me (my personal mail) the excel file (erasing
          the values) and I'll try to figure
          Best regards
          Thomas

        • netmouser
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 28 4:00 PM
            I got it right this time - I mixed up my files. My error.

          • netmouser
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 28 4:30 PM
              Thomas - A good number of imported transactions do not have their categories (so the cats/subs are blank). There is no obvious reason - example, some cinema:sub trans are OK and other cinema:sub are not. That defeats my wish to try out the graphic reports for some additional reporting.

            • Tom
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 28 8:44 PM
                Can u send me an example from first line of .qif to some ten or twenty transactions including the faulty some faulty ones? I remember having had some problems when I did that myself to try money plus sunset and having to edit the .qif files!
                Wipe the amounts or change them, I am not curious, or leave them (I am discreet!)
                Hope I can find the problem as before!
                Regards
                Thomas